You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FREEBIES Hub! FREE Images, Vectors, Videos, Templates, Music, Fonts & More

malayali

Here is my attempt to list out some super-useful but not-so-popular websites which offer images, vectors, videos, music, templates etc for FREE with personal & commercial use license.
Sometimes attributions are required. Make sure to check the license terms.

UPDATE (Feb 3, 2022)

So, I've added this list to a GitHub repo and from now on updates will be here: https://github.com/zcraber/Freebies-Hub 
Feel free to star it, fork it... or use however you want.

FREE Images/Photos & More

FREE Images/Photos Only

FREE Vectors Only

FREE Mockups, Placeholders, Icons etc

FREE Videos Only

FREE Music & Sound FX

FREE Fonts Only

Also, check these threads: 

List will be updated as I discover more!

Last UpdateFeb 03, 2022

Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Affinity Publisher | 1.10.6
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 22H2
Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

Thanks for sharing all these great resources! I'm also interested in finding page layout templates for Affinity Publisher. I see that last update added the ability to share and download templates. I trying to create an annual report for a government office, so I'm looking for templates to give me inspiration. Perhaps more page layout templates will be shared on these forums in the coming weeks...

2 minutes ago, Catshill said:

Interesting. I opened https://picography.co chose an image and it redirected to https://www.shutterstock.com !

Well, you definitely clicked on their sponsored ads! 😀

image.png.d6deae2ac1ac9d897989c475503db079.png

Linktree | Freebies

Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

On 3/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, malayali said:

Here is my attempt to list out some super-useful but not-so-popular websites which offers images, vectors, videos, music, templates etc for FREE with personal & commercial use license.

Much more than an attempt: a big success and immediately bookmarked! Thanks so much, malayali, for this great resource!

Edited by Hilltop
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Viso13k

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I have removed the link as Distill seem to have no content of their own. WOOBRO design are already listed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 3/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, malayali said:

Here is my attempt to list out some super-useful but not-so-popular websites which offers images, vectors, videos, music, templates etc for FREE with personal & commercial use license.

List will be updated as I discover more!

Last Update: March 31, 2020

Thank you for your sharing. This is amazing :) 

Pablo Stanley, creator of Open Peeps announced on Twitter that he has updated the library with COVID-19 illustrations.

See more.

Linktree | Freebies

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Very good resource.

I would absolutely add in the fonts category https://www.1001fonts.com
It lists both commercial and free, but it is as simple as to click the label just in the search field, so that it becomes "green", and then the results are only free fonts.

I found it important to mention, as IMO, currently, is the best site for fonts. Among other things, because the information for each font is quite in depth, it is better presented, and it has a lot of fonts in the catalog.

Together with https://www.dafont.com   (careful, seems a lot of imitators and even scam sites have appeared with similar names.... THIS one is the right URL)  it is my second choice (used to be the first). You can as well select to have only free fonts results by setting several settings in advanced search. Not as fast as setting it so at 1001fonts, but still, the place has many free fonts.

IMO, these two are an absolute must in that list.... But to each their own.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, Richard Star-Line said:

Among these, special upvote for Unsplash. Very high quality material. Or... I like it a lot.  :D 
Pixabay... I have read people reporting several images not being really free. Also, I have noticed myself several images really being just a hue/curves change of some other free or copyrighted image elsewhere or even in the same site.

Maybe it is a bit less cured than others ? It appears to me so. I don't know, though.  Anyway, is a risk anyone has always with free images for which you don't have a license of whichever type of use/uses, or a document ensuring it is really CC0 (it's a zero, not the "o" vowel). (better than Public Domain, as, it appears public domain is not equally valid in every country). I only say this just to recommend being extra careful... for educational material, though, fair use covers these issues pretty well, my worry is mostly for commercial products, which is most of a designer's/illustrator's output.

The files from commons.wikimedia, and other serious depots with a Creative Commons license attached to each file (but those licenses are often more restrictive than people think) are safe.

While I am at it, another strong recommendation, at the level of Unsplash, it would be https://www.pexels.com . All images are licensed with the site's license (free for commercial and etc), or CC0. So, amazing.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

10 hours ago, SrPx said:

Very good resource.

I would absolutely add in the fonts category https://www.1001fonts.com
It lists both commercial and free, but it is as simple as to click the label just in the search field, so that it becomes "green", and then the results are only free fonts.

I found it important to mention, as IMO, currently, is the best site for fonts. Among other things, because the information for each font is quite in depth, it is better presented, and it has a lot of fonts in the catalog.

Together with https://www.dafont.com   (careful, seems a lot of imitators and even scam sites have appeared with similar names.... THIS one is the right URL)  it is my second choice (used to be the first). You can as well select to have only free fonts results by setting several settings in advanced search. Not as fast as setting it so at 1001fonts, but still, the place has many free fonts.

IMO, these two are an absolute must in that list.... But to each their own.  :)

Thanks for the suggestions. But my attempt was to list out not-so-popular sites.

Linktree | Freebies

• 4 months later...

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

47 minutes ago, Oceanwatcher said:

I am really sorry about that. It should be fixed now. Please try again.

Takk for at du gjorde meg oppmerksom på feilen 😁

Bare hyggelig, takk for disse.

Skal prøve de senere.

Bonjour,
Une banque de sons...  Merci à nos amis Anglais 😉

Hello,
A sound bank...  Thanks to our English friends 😉

https://sound-effects.bbcrewind.co.uk/

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

• 3 weeks later...