You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Export at different sizes

I think Designer is great. I often design icons though, where I would produce the same or similar image at a variety of resolutions.

It would be good on the Export persona if you could define a slice and also assign an output pixel dimension to it, e.g. 32x32, and then if the pixel preview would also reflect that would be great.

At the moment I realise that I could just duplicate the object in question and resize it to the required pixel dimension, but it would be better if I could have just the one item with different export profiles, duplicating it only for those resolutions that would benefit from some extra changes.

• Staff

Hi Greg3746,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you use the Export Persona (rather than the File ▹ Export) dialog you should be able to export at 2x and 3x the original size. There will be more improvements to the Export Persona later.

For more information on how to use it please check:

- Export Slices

- Continuous Export

Export a Layer

• 1 year later...

Hi Greg3746,

If you use the Export Persona (rather than the File ▹ Export) dialog you should be able to export at 2x and 3x the original size. There will be more improvements to the Export Persona later.

For more information on how to use it please check:

- Export Slices

- Continuous Export

Export a Layer

Why does not this option appear to me?

(Affinity Designer 1.5.4)

• Staff

Hi andrerambor,

I believe you are talking about the 1x,2x, 3x options... The Export Persona was revamped/improved for version 1.5 and some options are now in different places.

To access the multipliers expand the slice layer in the Slices panel (Export Persona) clicking on the arrow inside a circle on the left of the thumbnail and check the third dropdown on the left (see screenshot).

post-59-0-55755400-1484045557_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I am just starting to use Designer for some of the graphics and seem to be missing some very basic conceptual understanding of what the export personal is intended for.  Can someone point me to any documentation or tutorials that explain how to export a drawing in different raster image sizes.

I was hoping I could simply specify a list of sizes I want and click export but it seems the export persona may be intended for some other purpose.

Thanks

EDIT:  

Ok I found it - even easier that I though - just select the preset option and click export...  When can I just ask Siri ?  Well done Affinity - two (or more) steps ahead as always...

Edited by duncang
Found the answer myself...

1 hour ago, duncang said:

Hi, I am just starting to use Designer for some of the graphics and seem to be missing some very basic conceptual understanding of what the export personal is intended for.  Can someone point me to any documentation or tutorials that explain how to export a drawing in different raster image sizes.

I was hoping I could simply specify a list of sizes I want and click export but it seems the export persona may be intended for some other purpose.

Thanks

EDIT:  

Ok I found it - even easier that I though - just select the preset option and click export...  When can I just ask Siri ?  Well done Affinity - two (or more) steps ahead as always...

Hi @duncang,

good to see you found an answer to your own question :)

Just in case I want to point you to some video tutorials on exporting:

Nat discusses the ways in which you can export a single slice at multiple sizes and to different file formats.

Search result for 'Export from Affinity Designer' (8 more videos on this topic).

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil