You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing or Moving Images or Shapes with Tools Will Not Work

I had just updated to the 1.8 version. Whenever I try to resize images or vectors with any of the tools, it will not work at all. Clicking on the side or corner parts of the tools and trying to drag, and nothing happens. I have tried this both on new and old documents, as well as the move tool, the node tool, the vector crop tool, and all of the shape tools. I can't make them work at all. If I were to use my keyboard (like the arrow keys to move them), then it will work.

I am on Windows 10, and had not experienced this prior to updating the Designer software. Sorry about not having a cursor in the video, I didn't realize my software didn't record it. I click on a tool, and try to either resize, move, or crop the selected layer.

• Staff

Hi RadarCricket,

Are you using a Wacom/drawing tablet? If so could you ensure you've enabled Windows Ink in the tablet's settings please. Or does this issue happen with a mouse? If so could you give us some information on your hardware and what devices you are using please.

• Staff

HI RadarCricket,

What model laptop do you have? What are you doing in the app prior to it stopping from working? Would you be able to go into Preferences > Tools and ensure 'Touch for gestures only' is unticked. If that is already unticked would you be able to try unticking 'Use Windows Ink for Tablet Input' and see if that improves the situation for you please?

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 - 5585. Sometimes it isn't working as soon as I open the app. Sometimes it's fine, and after switching to the tablet or another tool, it stops working when I switch back. 'Touch for gestures only' was already unticked.

I have unticked  'Use Windows Ink for Tablet Input' and, for now, it seems to have done the trick. I will update within a few days if it happens again. Thank you!

• 1 month later...