You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.2 Crash on Ipad Air 2 editing RAW image

-Erik-

Affinity Photo 1.8.2 Crashes when editing RAW images on an Ipad Air 2.  not only does it crash to the home screen, but it also not save the thumbnail of the image that was opened or any of the work done prior to the crash.  Its as thou the image was never opened.  this is becoming rather frustrating. The App did not crash or have any issues prior to version 1.8.

Below is video of the crash event. This is a great app, please release a stable and working fix. 

Affinty I've requested access to beta release of the app, however I have not heard from anyone, on how to gain access thru apple Testflight. 

Edited by -Erik-
original video did not load.

• Staff

Hey -Erik-,

We are still seeing a number of reports about crashing whilst editing raw images on non Pro iPad's. This is still being looked into. 

Could you try taking a standard image into the Develop Persona to see if editing that also crashes the app?

Hi Chris

I opened a JPEG  and did not seem to experience any app crashes. I used the develop persona and standard editing functions, with no problems. 

-update- app crashes with RAW images, during develop persona but also while using standard editing functions. I uninstalled and  re-installed  the app, in an effort to reduce RAW image crashing. Unfortunately the app still crashed, however it seemed to take a little longer than before. 

• Staff

I've sparked up a conversation between the developers about this so I'm hoping to get some feedback or see an improvement at some point. Thanks for doing that test for me :) I only have access to a Pro at the moment so it is greatly appreciated. 

UPDATE-- downloaded the latest beta release 1.8.3.178. Can confirm that the crash problems are no longer there. I have successfully been working with multiple RAW images both in develop mode and standard editing, as of this moment i have not experienced a single crash. Hopefully this keeps up. I look forward to a full public release soon.

Ipad Air 2 - latest IOS

You can access the beta here via download link. You may need to install TestFlight via App Store (try without first).

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/