You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Uncorrected bugs in Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620

These serious bugs were not fixed before the final version was released. 1.8.2

1. When creating a new document, the icons are missing: Create workspace and Include bleed, and page position icons (vertical and horizontal) are too close together.
2. If we create a page, for example A4, and want to change the size, then the page proportions are blocked, and adding at least 1 mm to the page width automatically aligns the width and height to the same size 211x211. And if the padlock icon is not selected and the page size change starts again in a moment, the padlock is still closed. !!!! (Not repaired despite the reported error)
3. Lack of visibility of objects on the bleed in the created workspace.
4. No settings in Preferences - Import intelligent PSD objects if possible. !!! (Why this option is missing in Publisher - I don't understand).
5 The corner tool cannot be scaled.
6. The SHIFT key does not work when you add or deselect objects by dragging the mouse !!!!! (very big step back) !!! In the Beta version it worked well and in all previous versions it also worked well.

new Document.png

bleed 1.8.2.png

new Document1.png

corner tool.png

• Staff

Hi, I responded to your other thread and we have most of these logged, with the crash you mentioned being fixed for release.

The SHIFT key does not work when adding or deselecting objects !!!!! (very big step back) !!!

This seems to work fine for me, if you hold CTRL whilst running up the application (this performs a reset of the software so you will lose customizations etc) does it fix this?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Regarding point 2.

2. If we create a page, for example A4, and want to change the size, then the page proportions are blocked, and adding at least 1 mm to the page width automatically aligns the width and height to the same size 211x211. And if the padlock icon is not selected and the page size change starts again in a moment, the padlock is still closed. !!!! (Not repaired despite the reported error)

FIRST EXAMPLE.
1. I create a new document, e.g. A4
2. I press the Spread Setup button. Size A4 210x 297mm is given. By default, a closed padlock is selected.
3. I move the mouse over 210mm and add 1mm with the mouse wheel.
What do I get?
211mm wide and 211mm high. ERROR.

SECOND EXAMPLE
1. I create a new document, e.g. A4
2. I press the Spread Setup button. Size A4 210x 297mm is given. By default, a closed padlock is selected.
3. I open the padlock. I add up to 4mm high. I press OK.
4. Press the Spread Setup button again. And what? The padlock is closed again. (Does not remember the setting just made. In Designer and Photo it works correctly).
5. I move the mouse over 214mm and add 1mm with the mouse wheel. And what ? .................

15 hours ago, GRAFKOM said:

You can still not select or deselect objects from SHIFT. !!!
(WINDOWS 10)

Works fine here on Win10, so this is strange.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

The SHIFT key does not work on windows when you drag the mouse while selecting objects.
However, it works when selecting objects by clicking the mouse.
Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.260

Windows 10 Home 
Version: 1909
System type: 64-bit
OS Build: 18363.720

This is not an option in preferences.
Example:
Draw 3 different rectangles.
By dragging the mouse, select these rectangles.
Press SHIFT and uncheck 1 rectangle by dragging the mouse.
What's happening? The entire selection disappears.
With a complex project where there are hundreds of elements and you want to deselect some elements by dragging the mouse, this is not feasible now.
In earlier versions it worked very well.
To be repaired !!!

I see what you mean and yes the behaviour has changed compared to older versions. In beta 1.8.2.603 it works. And yes, this has to be repaired.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

7 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

Example:
Draw 3 different rectangles.
By dragging the mouse, select these rectangles.
Press SHIFT and uncheck 1 rectangle by dragging the mouse.
What's happening? The entire selection disappears.

Hmm ... I'm not seeing this in a fresh document I created.

At my end, shift-clicking on one of the selected shapes does indeed unselect only that particular shape.

24 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Sorry maybe a bug but not in my muscle memory.
I always ctrl/shift+click objects to select or deselect

I have no idea if this is supposed to work in the Affinity series. Although it's not relevant for the current Affinity products, out of curiosity I tested older Serif products.

Shift-drag to deselect works in Serif DrawPlus X8

Shift-drag to deselect does NOT work in Serif PagePlus X9

41 minutes ago, Algebraist said:

A new user working on a Mac with Affinity Designer (In the Vector personna). It doesn't seem possible to add to a selection using the marquee select method. Doing this just deselects everything. Is this a bug, or am I missing something really obvious?

As far as i know, to add to the selection you would Shift+Click on another object that is not part of the selection. I do not think you can add or subtract from a selection by using the marquee-select method.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

28 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I do not think you can add or subtract from a selection by using the marquee-select method.

Until now, up to version 1.8.2.620 it worked correctly, turn on even the beta version, it also worked correctly.
In version 1.8.2.620 this was very bad.
This is a very important function in normal operation.