You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.1 - stuck in "Divide shapes"

Hi, here is a bug a came across. After applying "Divide" command on fairly simple shapes, Affinity Designer has been stuck for hours now, doing nothing, shows "Dividing shapes" progress bar and nothing is happening. Since I have other documents open as well, I believe I'll need to force quite the app and loose all unsaved work. Nice. 

Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 14.22.18.png

Sure. it was a new file so I didn't have a copy of it, by I managed to recreate the scenario. Here is how I did it.

• 1. I created a new file this way: new > web tab > changed units to pixels >  changed values to 600x400px > changed resolution to 72dpi
  • 2. copied an object made of 3 shapes from Adobe Illustrator
  • 3. pasted to the newly created document in AD 1.8.1
  • 4. deselected and selected all by CMD+A
  • 5. clicked "Divide" icon on the top right 

And then after a second the progress bar appears and nothing is happening and the software become unresponsive. 

The file I uploaded is a saved version in the moment after I pasted the objects from AI to AD. All you need to do is to open it, select everything by CMD+A and then click "Divide". I can replicate the problem each time with this method. 

Please let me know if the same is happening on your side. It's been done in version 1.8.1, but I see that the new version is available, so I upgraded to 1.8.2 and I cannot replicate it anymore... so, either the problem was resolved, or something else was I trigger on my side. Hard to tell at this point. but if you still have versions 1.8.1 available, this file might be helpful. 

Thanks

Untitled copy.afdesign