You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro and Library Panel Missing

Affinity Photo ver. 1.8.0.585, Dell Inspiron 5770,  Windows 10 pro (x64)  ver. 10.0.18363

I can no longer get the Macro or Library panels to show in any of the Panel sections. (View>Studio>Macro or >Library)

1. The entries on the Studio list show both Macro and Library with check marks. Keyboard macros Ctrl+Alt+L and Ctrl+Alt+M work as expected in selectiing and deselecting the Macro and Library panels

2. Removing and reselectng Library and/or Macro via View>Studio makes no difference other than adding or removing the check marks. Also View>Studio>Reset Studio does not change the situation.

3. Removing C:\Users\darel\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\macros.propcol and restarting Affinity Photo does not help. Macros.propcol does get recreated.

4. Adding a user-created macros file by dropping on the workspace does not result in an error but the panels are still not visible.

The last time I used the Macro and Library panels was around mid February when they were used together in a floating window separate from the main panels sections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have multiple monitors? Or, more importantly, did you have multiple monitors the last time you used them, and might you have dragged their floating window onto a monitor you don't currently have installed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I would try two things, in order:

1) On the Studio submenu, make sure that both the Left Studio and the Right Studio are shown, not hidden.

2) If they are, try choosing Reset Studio, also from that submenu.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

5 minutes ago, smadell said:

On the Studio submenu, make sure that both the Left Studio and the Right Studio are shown, not hidden

That's a Mac setting, and DH_tn is on Windows.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Glad to hear it. I was just now responding to Walt about Left and Right Studios being Mac only, but I’m glad to hear that it seems that’s not the case. Glad you’re up and running!

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Interesting. I was sure Windows didn't have that setting. Sorry. 

-- Walt
PC:

No harm, no foul, Walt!

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Interesting. I was sure Windows didn't have that setting. Sorry. 

It didn't !!!

They seemed to have introduced

Show Left studio
Show Right studio

in 1.8 without me noticing it either

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

They seemed to have introduced

Show Left studio
Show Right studio

in 1.8 without me noticing it either

The Mac versions have had those two options since forever, but what they do not have is any way to have two docked Left or two docked Right studio groups. As I understand it, the Windows versions could do that, at least prior to 1.8.

So I am curious: in the Windows versions can you still have two docked Left or Right studio groups or has that feature been replaced with the two new ones?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

So I am curious: in the Windows versions can you still have two docked Left or Right studio groups

Yes, we still have the option of two docked groups for both the left and right studios.

There's a small bug, though (at least in the current beta versions). If you have two panel groups docked on the left, and you hide the left studio, both disappear as one would expect. However, if you have a docked studio group, and a floating group, you can hide the docked left group by unchecking View > Show Left Studio. You can then dock the floating group to the left side, even though the left studio is hidden. The blue bar showing where you're docking appears where it would have been if the studio were not hidden, but then the panel docks to the normal docked studio position.

-- Walt
PC:

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Patodlp said:

I have the same problem but in the macro window it doesn’t appear the library section! Can you help me?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Can you describe your problem in more detail, please. I'm not sure if you're not seeing one of the studio panels (which one), or both of them. And I'm not sure what you mean by "it" doesn't appear in the library section. What doesn't appear?

A screenshot might help, including the View > Studio pulldown so we can see what studio panels you have selected.

-- Walt
PC:

When I had this problem, I found out that there is a "Left Studio Window" that I was not aware of and that was where the Macro and Library tabs were located at the time.

1. First make sure that the Library and Macro tabs are flagged as visible
    a. Select:  View > Studio and click "Library" if it does not already have a check mark beside it.
    b. Select:  View > Studio and click "Macro" if it does not already have a check mark beside it.
2. If you do not see the the Macro and Library tabs in the Studio panels on the right side of the Affinity window, look in the Left studio window
    a. Select View > Studio and click "Show Left Studio" if it does not already have a check mark beside it.
3. You should now show the following items as Checked (Enabled) under View > Studio:
     a. Macro, Library, Show Left Studio, and Show Right Studio
4.  View > Studio > Hide Studio should be unchecked

At this point you should be able to see the Macro and Library tabs in the Left or Right studio panels. You can Click and Drag tabs from one studio panel to another if you wish.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, rwpinto said:

Neither the Macro nor the Library options appear in either the Designer Persona or Pixel Persona. Any suggestions?

The Macro & Library functions are in the Affinity Photo app, not in the Affinity Designer app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7