You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expand stroke problems

In 3D apps any kind of boolean operation is messy. That's why there is also some kind of stand alone "merge points" function to merge co-located points. There's also a setting to change how close the points are that you can adjust before doing the operation. I wonder if something like that would be useful for these kinds of problems.

1 hour ago, ELinder said:

In 3D apps any kind of boolean operation is messy. That's why there is also some kind of stand alone "merge points" function to merge co-located points. There's also a setting to change how close the points are that you can adjust before doing the operation. I wonder if something like that would be useful for these kinds of problems.

The truth is that the expand stroke option has been dramatically improved. However, a merge points option would be really useful. Even necessary sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Guillem S. said:

The truth is that the expand stroke option has been dramatically improved.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately some things may have been improved, but others are totally screwed up. :( 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

@Guillem S. I think the issue with your file is actually connected with the corner tool.

If you Bake Corners you will find that there are two nodes on top of each other at the very bottom of the test tube.

It is this bug that it confusing the Expand Stroke algorithm.

I think Affinity are aware of this issue with the Corner tool, so hopefully a fix will emerge before too long.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

19 hours ago, PaulEC said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately some things may have been improved, but others are totally screwed up. :( 

Yes, but I felt bad because I usually only point out the bugs. I wanted to highlight that not all is awful, but the Affinity team have also made some improvements. Some kind words from time to time are important to encourage the team 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.