You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher export to Powerpoint

The big question here is why? Publisher is not presentation software and Powerpoint is not page layout despite how many files I get sent to me made in Powerpoint.

If you really want to design for Powerpoint you could make your page in Publisher the correct aspect ration, think standard is still 1024 x 768. Design your pages and export as PDF and just plop them in Powerpoint. Of course you cannot do any custom transitions for text elements or images, but again that is why you should set up in Powerpoint if you need that. 

4 hours ago, wonderings said:

The big question here is why?

Probably because Powerpoint layout and typography tools are weak. But yes, I do not think users would flock to use Publisher to produce Powerpoint shows. Feels like niche feature. Though nifty one, yes..

BTW, you can copy paste stuff from Publisher to Powerpoint quite succesfully.

• 1 year later...

Why? Why would an Affinity Publisher user want to export as a PowerPoint file?... What a pompous question. Here are just a FEW reasons...

1. Client requests it - It's easier to create 'to be published' documents/pages in Affinity but client may not have Affinity and want to use PP.

2. Making PLR documents - Buyers may want to be able to EDIT said PLR but, again, not have Affinity and prefer PP.

3. I may want to sell PP printables; because many if not most people have PP, but want to CREATE then in Affinity.

In combination with Photo and Designer it would give you access to image manipulation and design capabilities not available in PowerPoint (or Keynote, if you're a fan of that application, like me).

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

I understand why you'd rather create slides in Affinity Publisher, I've been forced to use PPT for decades and loathe it, but I believe that Publisher is the wrong tool for the job and it would be frustrating when your hard work didn't look the same in PPT as it did in Publisher. There are so many Publisher features that PPT doesn't support which could change the appearance of the slide. If you look at the list of existing export formats for Publisher, every one of them supports all of Publisher's features, some of them only because the entire page is being rasterized. The apps have different text composition engines, different hyphenation algorithms, different orphan/widow control, etc. Line and paragraph breaks would wind up being different so you'd never know if your text was going to fit (or be scaled) until you opened it in PPT.

On the other hand, I can understand how you'd accept this end product because you'd rather still start your work in Publisher and then finish it in PPT just because you're more productive in Publisher, but imagine the complaints from others who expect their work to appear perfectly in PPT.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)