You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm having an odd problem - I'm not sure if it's iCloud itself or something related to Designer.

Here's the issue:

I took a Udemy class on my iPad.  I created a subfolder under the iCloud Drive\Affinity Designer called Udemy [so iCloud Drive\Affinity Designer\Udemy] and stored all of my files in there.

That worked fine on my iPad, and I could see and work with the files on my Mac just fine.

On my PC, however, the iCloud Drive\Affinity Designer folder is there, with a couple of other subdirectories that I created from my PC (those also appear on my iPad and my Mac), but the 

iCloud Drive\Affinity Designer\Udemy folder has never shown up on my PC, even after a couple of days. I stopped all of my iCloud processes and then started up iCloud on the PC again, and it appears to

be downloading files (the Apple Photo process is very busy), but the folder stall hasn't shown up.

But here's the odd thing - if I go in and add a new directory from the PC called Udemy under Affinity Designer, the name magically and immediately changes to Udemy 2.

To me, that says the PC knows that the Udemy subdirectory exists, it just refuses to show it in file explorer.

If I open Designer on my PC and look at the iCloud Drive/Affinity Designer directory, it doesn't see the Udemy subdirectory either.

Anybody have any ideas about what's going on?

• Staff

I have tested this on my PC and it is working correctly for me can you please going to your iCloud settings on your PC and turn off the Photos and Bookmarks options and see if that shows the folders on the drive as it will now not try and synchronise all of your photos.

4 hours ago, DWright said:

I have tested this on my PC and it is working correctly for me can you please going to your iCloud settings on your PC and turn off the Photos and Bookmarks options and see if that shows the folders on the drive as it will now not try and synchronise all of your photos.

i disabled Photos and bookmarks and stopped all of the iCloud processes, then restarted iCloud.  That didn't help.

Then I rebooted my PC and made sure Photos and bookmarks were still disabled. No change.

The only thing I notice is that iCloud Drive seems stuck on downloading 13 files.  It went from 83 to 13 quickly, but hasn't changed in a couple of hours.

The Udemy directory that I'm missing has 75 files in it, and I can manually download them because the Udemy directory does show up on the iCloud Drive page if I open it in Chrome, so I don't think there's anything wrong with those files. No idea what the 13 files it can'y download are.

Update: I decided to make a different folder on iCloud for my Affinity Designer files.

The new directory is called Affinity Designer SRB, and I copied the same four subdirectories and their contents into the new directory.

Then I checked my iPhone and iPad - all files immediately showed up in both directories.

But not on the PC.

There were two of the for subdirectories showing in the original Affinity Designer folder as before, and there are two in the new directory. One is the same and has the same two files in it - but the other is different - its one of the two that were missing from the Affinity Designer folder. The Udemy folder showed up - and now has 58 of the 75 files in it that it should.  iCloud is again saying it has files to download (13 right this second) - but that still wouldn't be all of the 75 files that should be in the Udemy subdirectory.

No idea what's going on - but it certainly doesn't look like an Affinity problem.