You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing Master size and scaling behavior on Publisher

• Staff

Hi ashf :)

When applying the master, you should see a dialog box pop up that allows you to control this. Please see my below screen recording showing this process - 

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I'm asking how  NOT to scale any objects when change the size of canvas.

e.g.
Change a Master(let's call it Master A) from A4 to A3.
Then I'm expecting all pages replying to Master A to be A3 and objects on them not to be scaled.

• Staff

My apologies for the delayed response as I have been off for a few days.

When changing the size of a Master page, this won't update the size of any other spread unless you select 'Yes' in the dialog that shows. If you do this, all content will be rescaled to fit the new page size.

If you select 'No', the Master will be applied, but the spread wont change size - as you're looking to change the spread size without scaling the objects I recommend using the 'Spread Setup' options as this allows you to change the spread size without affecting the size of the objects.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff
5 hours ago, ashf said:

Ok so it's not possible to change spread size of pages without re-scaling objects on them?

Please re-read my post -

17 hours ago, Dan C said:

as you're looking to change the spread size without scaling the objects I recommend using the 'Spread Setup' options as this allows you to change the spread size without affecting the size of the objects.

Have you tried this method? Provided you change the scaling options in the Spread Setup dialog when changing your page size you can choose if your objects are scaled, or not when changing the size of your spread.