You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Affinity have support for the Touchbar on Macbooks?

Hello

I've often seen your software in the design tutorials from a Youtube-guy called Dev Ed. It looked very handy so I'm interesting in buying it.

Now I'm using GIMP. On Linux GIMP worked amazingly however on Mac not so much. One of the things GIMP lacks is support for the Touchbar on the Macbook Pro.

Does Affinity have support for the Touchbar on the Macbook Pro?

And the €59 Affinity charges, is that the amount for one year?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, ianhg said:

Cost is one off also free updates until version changes from 1.8 to presumably version 2 

Absolutely worth the money in fact all three Photo Designer and Publisher. Be aware from time to time there are offers and apps can be discounted.

Damn really? Yeah seems like a no-brainer.

Does it have support for Macbook Pro's Touchbar though?

Hello ONiel and welcome to the Affinity forums🙂
If you’ve not already found it I can highly recommend you check out BetterTouchTool.
It lets you make your own custom Touch Bar configurations for any app and much more.
I’ve been using it for 2 or 3 years now and can't imagine using my Mac without it now.
https://folivora.ai/

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

On 3/15/2020 at 10:21 PM, ONiel said:

Ait cool! Thanks.

Will be buying it soon.

Now is the time to buy !  

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/?utm_source=serifemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=COVID19&mc=COVID19E01&utm_source=Affinity+Subscribers&utm_campaign=9c8afe6dfd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_21_11_19_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_46837f1d52-9c8afe6dfd-314281233

6 hours ago, ianhg said:

Now is the time to buy !  

50% off is an incredible deal for anyone considering buying any of the Affinity apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7