You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The problems of Affinity Designer V1.8.0.585 and V1.8.1.611

TTW

I found the problems of Affinity Designer V1.8.0.585 and V1.8.1.611. 

What happened for you (and what you expected to happen)
V1.8.0.585
-The program every time crashes when I select any sub-menu of Text Styles.
-No support Language/typography script in Thai
-I many times cannot use a wheel mouse to select the menu but I can use a pen mouse to do that.

V1.8.1.611 The problem for V1.8.0.585 doesn't persist but I found a new problem.
-I cannot add node via pen mouse, I have to switch to a wheel mouse to do it.
-I cannot select the text frame for typing by pen mouse, I also have to switch to a wheel mouse.

Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did).

V1.8.0.585

-The first time, I use wheel mouse and it's work.

-After I do the same action by pen mouse, the program crashes.

https://ufile.io/tfwjq14x

V1.8.1.611

-When I try to add the node or select text frame via pen mouse, it's not work. but it work by using wheel mouse.

https://ufile.io/tfwjq14x

Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers.
No

Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware)
Some problems are on v1.8.0.585, some problems are on V.1.8.1.611 . I have not change anything.

My device
-Pen mouse: Wacom Intous 4
-Wheel mouse: Logitech M100r

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi TTW,

I'm glad the crashing issues for you are no longer occurring. With regards to not being able to add nodes using the Wacom issue this is something we're aware of and is being caused by Windows Ink.

If you install the 1.8.2 patch, you can go into Preferences > Tools and untick 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' - this will default back to using WinTab which is what was used in 1.7.3. This will allow you to use your tablet without encountering the difficulties you've been getting.