You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

25 minutes ago, anon2 said:

Do you mean copy a greyscale representation of some Pixel object into one channel of another Pixel object, or copy one channel of some Pixel object into one channel of another Pixel object, or something else?

Hey,
basicly I'd have a blank file and copy 3 different greyscale "versions" of an image to the R G B channels of this new blank file.

Doing that in the current AP isn't as simple as it should be, unfortunately, but there are several convoluted methods. One of them which involves the Layers panel and the Channels panel follows.

1. Place the three greyscale source images in your initially empty RGB document and use Rasterise command to convert each to a Pixel object.
  2. Add a new empty Pixel object to the document and name it "Result".
  3. Layers: select the red channel Pixel object.
  4. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  5. Layers: select the green channel Pixel object.
  6. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  7. Layers: select the blue channel Pixel object.
  8. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  9. Layers: select "Result".
  10. Channels: right click "Result Alpha" and pick "Fill".
  11. Channels: right click the first spare channel and pick "Load to Result Red"
  12. Channels: right click the second spare channel and pick "Load to Result Green"
  13. Channels:, right click the third spare channel and pick "Load to Result Blue"

I created a macro to combine images as channels ages ago. I'll try to locate it for you or make a new one later.

24 minutes ago, anon2 said:

Doing that in the current AP isn't as simple as it should be, unfortunately, but there are several convoluted methods. One of them which involves the Layers panel and the Channels panel follows.

1. Place the three greyscale source images in your initially empty RGB document and use Rasterise command to convert each to a Pixel object.
  2. Add a new empty Pixel object to the document and name it "Result".
  3. Layers: select the red channel Pixel object.
  4. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  5. Layers: select the green channel Pixel object.
  6. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  7. Layers: select the blue channel Pixel object.
  8. Channels: right click any R, G or B channel of the active Pixel object (not a Composite channel) and pick "Create Spare Channel".
  9. Layers: select "Result".
  10. Channels: right click "Result Alpha" and pick "Fill".
  11. Channels: right click the first spare channel and pick "Load to Result Red"
  12. Channels: right click the second spare channel and pick "Load to Result Green"
  13. Channels:, right click the third spare channel and pick "Load to Result Blue"

I created a macro to combine images as channels ages ago. I'll try to locate it for you or make a new one later.

Oh, dang!
I played around with this yesterday but couldn't quite figure it out. That is indeed a very complicated way of doing this, haha...

Thanks a lot for that! If you find the macro, I'd highly appreciate it - if not, I'll record one myself.

Thanks again for the quick and detailed help! ✌️