You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Erasing white on Mask layer

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to figure it out. Sorry in case I'm just being a idiot here :D

What is your operating system and version:

Windows Version 1909 (Build 18363.720)

What happened for you (and what you expected to happen):  

If I want to cut out a motive, like for example the astronaut in the picture, with a mask layer the background won't go away completely. Instead there is this weird grey there which I have to erase with the eraser tool. I expect to see straight to the layer below ( In this example it would be the default white background).

Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did).: 

1. Take a picture with an object you want to cut out. 2. create a mask layer. 3.  set brush to white. 4. go around the object. ( I used the fil tool afterwards to color the rest of the background white, it's the same if I use the brush for the rest). 5. You have the grey color that you have to remove through the eraser tool.

Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers.:

I have a Laptop. I use the AOC Agon AG271QG as an external Display. The Logitech Hero G502 mouse. The Massdrop ALT Keyboard and a BlueYeti Microphone. For whatever reason that might be relevant. 

Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware)

No on both questions.

Thanks for reading!

image.png

astronaut.afdesign