You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

stroke expand remains with a little issue

@Uwe367 You didn't try expanding the stroke!

I do get the faulty behaviour in the downloaded file when I expand the stroke.

Also there is a bug with butt cap (as you show in your video).

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Hi VanHeber

This is something we've got logged with development. It is caused by overlapping nodes, which isn't visible until you bake the corners. If you bake the corners and then move the faulty end node, you will see there are two. 

I'll pass this file on to development, thanks!

It is caused by overlapping nodes, which isn't visible until you bake the corners.

For what it's worth, I like the "bake" term better than "expand". ;-)

In a 2D drawing program, "expand" is ambiguous in that it suggests enlarging something, like offsetting a path. FreeHand used "Ungroup" generically for de-constructing any kind of higher-level virtual construct to its next lower level basic constituent objects.  "Expand" seems like one of those things copied just because it's how Illustrator does something, but otherwise has no merit of its own.

JET

6 hours ago, JET_Affinity said:

For what it's worth, I like the "bake" term better than "expand". ;-)

In a 2D drawing program, "expand" is ambiguous in that it suggests enlarging something, like offsetting a path. FreeHand used "Ungroup" generically for de-constructing any kind of higher-level virtual construct to its next lower level basic constituent objects.  "Expand" seems like one of those things copied just because it's how Illustrator does something, but otherwise has no merit of its own.

JET

I strongly disagree. Expand stroke is one of the most important features in vector graphics editor.

How else would you ship a logo and make sure the user doesn't change outline width?

16 hours ago, kotaru said:

I strongly disagree. Expand stroke is one of the most important features in vector graphics editor.

How else would you ship a logo and make sure the user doesn't change outline width?

Kotaru,

Relax. I didn't say anything to suggest that the feature is not important. I just made a passing comment about the various names for it.

JET

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.