You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have windows 10 pro installed on my system. I want to install Affinity Photo. But while installing I'm getting error of supported windows version not found.

I checked OS requirements for the Affinity Photo. I want to know isn't the Windows 10 Pro sufficient to install the same? Is the anniversary update of Windows 10 is higher than Windows 10 Pro??

Capture.png

@Technooyster

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Exactly which build of Win 10 Pro do you have currently installed?  APh requires a minimum of Win 10 1607 to be able to install and run.  If you're not sure which build you have, press the Windows Key + R, type winver in the box that opens and you will see something like this:

The highlighted box must say Windows 10 1607, or higher.

HTH

Jeff

ScreenShot00654.jpg

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@Technooyster

Yes, that version is too old!  I am very surprised that you have not been "invited/urged" by Microsoft to update it, or have you deliberately chosen to NOT update?  I notice the screenshot does not show that your installation is licensed to anyone.  Have you actually registered it by verifying your installation key with M$?  Without such registration I think Windows Updates may not be available to you.

As for how to be able to use APh, you do not need to necessarily update immediately to the latest version (1909) but you do need to install at least the 1607 version.  This page is the M$ downloads page if your installed Windows Update service cannot or does not access it.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.