You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Angle in shade outwards

Hello,

when I put a outwad shade to a image there is a angle on it . How can I avoid tihs?

Tank you for your help.

Rainer

Addition: Shaddows in Affinity Publisher are implementled unadiquately! I'm afraid that's a reason for many Indesign users who are interestet in Publisher, not to change.

shadow on the outside.png

shadow1.png

This looks like a bug as the same operation in Affinity Designer works correctly.

Outer Shadow overlapping any other shape appears darker than it should.

1020337231_ADeShadowNoBug.png.8bac4a71d8f88722d6fb6c43faad3636.png<< Affinity Designer = Correct

561383336_ApuShadowBug.png.fd0867c893766fbb2741b8525f5d0d64.png << Affinity Publisher = Bug

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Interesting.

Mac or Windows?

The bug seems most pronounced when the rectangle is white. Does that look any different on your system?

627522011_APuDropShadowBug02.png.bb5a96db5a0e631bb9cc370b442c8521.png

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

11 minutes ago, Michail said:

Could it possibly be a display problem?

Yes, it is a display problem with CMYK documents where compositing on the "paper white" is calculated incorrectly. A workaround is to use a white rectangle covering the spread to represent a white background.

Indded it relates to the background. On my master page there's a rectangle with a gradient and jusst there where it ends on its upper side, the angle in the shadow appears. Please take a look of attached Screenshots (picture 1 and picture 2). I drew a dashed red rectagle line to see it see it clearer on the layout page. But you can also see the upper end of the gradient rectangle on the bleed on left and right hand side.

So the question is: Is this onla a display problem in Publisher or is it also exportet and then printed at the print shop?

As it is visible in the PDF-file too I think it's also printed. (picture 3)

For a workaround I will highten the rectagle with the gradient until the top of the page and the problem should be solved.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png