UweN

611 - crash export button "More"

Hello,

in the export to TIF dialog press the button "More" - crash. Not yet tested other export formats. I recorded a video. If you are interested in watching the video please send a link to upload it.

Regards, Uwe

Crashes for me too

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.650; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

4 hours ago, UweN said:

Hello,

in the export to TIF dialog press the button "More" - crash. Not yet tested other export formats. I recorded a video. If you are interested in watching the video please send a link to upload it.

Regards, Uwe

crash in all export formats.

cheers

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641:   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.8.4.650:    Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.8.4.650:

Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641:  Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.8.4.651

:     Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1909 Build 18363.752)

Same here.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Same here.
But the App crashs on my System not with all Formats.
It crash with the following Formats:
HDR, TGA, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PNG.
With all other Formats it crashs not on my System.

Maybe the System Build helps....
WIN 10 Home
Version  1909
Build 18363.720

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

jpg + more = goodbye :)

Windows 10. 64 bits.  Intel core i5 - 4570 cpu , 3.2 Ghz.
Ram: 28 GB -  27" and 24" screens
Nvidea 1050 TI Gpu - XP-Pen star03
Affinity Photo - Designer -  ArtRage 6

It seem it's not clicking the Export persona that make it crash, but trying to display the Export settings (it's happening in AD while trying to display the closed Export settings panel). It look like a bug related to retrieving/displaying some properties.

I can export from the Designer persona. Crashes when clicking the Export persona. (Win 10 Home latest version)

I think I have another bug in export persona, but I can't verify until this one gets fixed.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

9 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

I think I have another bug in export persona, but I can't verify until this one gets fixed.

1.8.2.620 Release build is live and this earlier beta build should no longer be used.

Please confirm if you still have a problem in the release build (not the beta) and if so report into the relevant bugs forum (not these beta forums)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

Would it be possible to create a 'beta' release of this too? I dropped using regular releases a long time ago since it was bothersome to keep my macros and stuff aligned AND this was standard practice to release a beta and then 'shift it' to release state so that latest beta was also release version at that time.

That is quite unfortunate, the usual way this happened (beta becoming release) was what pushed me into helping you find bugs, knowing I don't have to switch back and forth from release to beta and keeping track of all my settings in both.

I will have to reconsider this and maybe stop if you do such changes and while at it, unannounced.

It was, I think always, that last beta before release was equal to release.

3 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Not so much. I've got numerous copies of installers for both. I checked and the release/retail versions are always an increment higher then the beta it is derived from.

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.650; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Functionally they were the same, it's just build number bump to mark different between the two.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:08 PM, TEcHNOpls said:

You're correct, in every (ADe & APh Windows) build prior to this, the last beta of the patch was also the retail version (so that you could continue running the beta without swapping back and forth). We had a late breaking change which meant we shipped 620 without sending it out as an external beta. I'll sort out a new customer beta this week.

19 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

You're correct, in every build prior to this, the last beta of the patch was also the retail version (so that you could continue running the beta without swapping back and forth). We had a late breaking change which meant we shipped 620 without sending it out as an external beta. I'll sort out a new customer beta this week.

Thank you!