You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

611 - crash export button "More"

Crashes for me too

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

4 hours ago, UweN said:

Hello,

in the export to TIF dialog press the button "More" - crash. Not yet tested other export formats. I recorded a video. If you are interested in watching the video please send a link to upload it.

Regards, Uwe

crash in all export formats.

cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

Same here.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Same here.
But the App crashs on my System not with all Formats.
It crash with the following Formats:
HDR, TGA, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PNG.
With all other Formats it crashs not on my System.

Maybe the System Build helps....
WIN 10 Home
Version  1909
Build 18363.720

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

jpg + more = goodbye :)

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Here the dmp for the beta 611

e585cf4a-e2fa-4c95-bd49-ae6a04474c2c.dmp

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

I think I have another bug in export persona, but I can't verify until this one gets fixed.

1.8.2.620 Release build is live and this earlier beta build should no longer be used.

Please confirm if you still have a problem in the release build (not the beta) and if so report into the relevant bugs forum (not these beta forums)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Would it be possible to create a 'beta' release of this too? I dropped using regular releases a long time ago since it was bothersome to keep my macros and stuff aligned AND this was standard practice to release a beta and then 'shift it' to release state so that latest beta was also release version at that time.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

When we have a 1.8.3 beta it will replace this, but no there will not be a 1.8.2.620 beta build, and 619 has this crash due to a late breaking change. My advice is to follow the guidance in this related (publisher) post

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

That is quite unfortunate, the usual way this happened (beta becoming release) was what pushed me into helping you find bugs, knowing I don't have to switch back and forth from release to beta and keeping track of all my settings in both.

I will have to reconsider this and maybe stop if you do such changes and while at it, unannounced.

• Staff

Nothing has changed here. It is unusual for the same release build to be provided to the beta forum, but sorry it particularly affected you this time

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

3 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

It was, I think always, that last beta before release was equal to release.

Not so much. I've got numerous copies of installers for both. I checked and the release/retail versions are always an increment higher then the beta it is derived from.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff
43 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Functionally they were the same, it's just build number bump to mark different between the two.

Not correct. New build numbers always mean code changes.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 3/19/2020 at 5:08 PM, TEcHNOpls said:

It was, I think always, that last beta before release was equal to release.

You're correct, in every (ADe & APh Windows) build prior to this, the last beta of the patch was also the retail version (so that you could continue running the beta without swapping back and forth). We had a late breaking change which meant we shipped 620 without sending it out as an external beta. I'll sort out a new customer beta this week.

19 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

You're correct, in every build prior to this, the last beta of the patch was also the retail version (so that you could continue running the beta without swapping back and forth). We had a late breaking change which meant we shipped 620 without sending it out as an external beta. I'll sort out a new customer beta this week.

Thank you!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.