You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash with Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.2.174

I sent in a few crash reports when the app asked. 

Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.2.174
iOS 13.3.1
iPad model MLQ62LL/A

I was simply importing some Canon EOS 5D Mark III raw files (.CR2) from cloud storage (OneDrive) to develop and convert into JPEG. The goal is quick, simple, and one I've done countless times without any problem whatsoever for years with Affinity Photo on iPad.

However, with this latest beta, MOST times when I tap "Import From Cloud" and select the file I need, I get a dark screen with the usual spinning/thinking animation. But instead of the words "Importing" it says "Downloading". Each and every time it says "Downloading" I know within a few seconds the app will crash. Every time it says "importing" the file opens normally, and I can work and then save the image normally.

As it is now, it is practically unusable for this simple operation. I have not yet had the chance to test with any other cloud storage service. Let me know if I can supply any other info or hints that might help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 4:26 AM, Chris B said:

Hello Ulysses,

Can you let me know if this is still affecting you in the recent version(s).

Do you get the same behavior if you use another cloud service?

Unfortunately, this problem as described in the original post still exists even in release version 1.8.3.180.  :(

I have not yet had the chance to try the same thing on other cloud drives (due to the current COVID-19 lockdown limiting my access to company files), but I will try to find a way to simulate the same thing on Dropbox and report back when I can.

Thank you very much for the follow-up on this @Chris B. Honestly, there have been so many aspects of life turned upside down for many of us that I'd almost forgotten about this one. But now that many of us are needing to care for at least some role of our jobs (or former jobs) remotely, this will be one less thing for us to think about as we try to re-establish workflows.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.