You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serious Errors Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.2.619 (Release Candidate)

These serious errors should be fixed as soon as possible before the final version 1.8.2  !!!

1. When creating a new document, the Create Artboard and Include bleed icons are missing, and the page position icons (vertically and horizontally) are too close together.
2. If we create a page, for example, A4 and want to change the size, then the page proportions are blocked and adding at least 1mm to the page width automatically aligns the width and height to the same size 211x211. And if the padlock icon is unchecked and the page size change is started again in a moment, the padlock is still closed. This should be corrected before releasing the proper Affinity Publisher 1.8.2 version !!!!
3. Lack of visibility of objects on the slope in the created Artboard.
4. No settings in Preferences - Import PSD smart objects where possible. !!!
5. Unable to scale the Corner Tool.
6. Publisher 1.8.2.619 crashs by klicking "More" Button in Export Dialog !!!

new Document.png

new Document1.png

bleed beta.png

corner tool.png

• Staff

Hi, most of these are logged with us (the More button crash was fixed for release).

And if the padlock icon is unchecked and the page size change is started again in a moment, the padlock is still closed.

I'm struggling to see this, can you give me a bit more info to help me reproduce?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

okay
FIRST EXAMPLE.
1. I create a new document, e.g. A4
2. I press the Spread Setup button. Size A4 210x 297mm is given. By default, a closed padlock is selected.
3. I move the mouse over 210mm and add 1mm with the mouse wheel.
What do I get?
211mm wide and 211mm high. ERROR.

SECOND EXAMPLE
1. I create a new document, e.g. A4
2. I press the Spread Setup button. Size A4 210x 297mm is given. By default, a closed padlock is selected.
3. I open the padlock. I add up to 4mm high. I press OK.
4. Press the Spread Setup button again. And what? The padlock is closed again. (Does not remember the setting just made. In Designer and Photo it works correctly).
5. I move the mouse over 214mm and add 1mm with the mouse wheel. And what ? .................

I can confirm Grafkom's observations. The Spread Setup/Dimensions padlock doesn't remember its setting. For what it's worth the Margin and Bleed  equivalents do remember the locking status (the design is different).

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• 2 weeks later...

In Publisher 1.8.3.627 (Release Candidate) there are still uncorrected errors (I just remind you to correct them before making the final version 1.8.3 available).

1. When creating a new document, the Create Artboard and Include bleed icons are missing, and the page position icons (vertically and horizontally) are too close together.
2. If we create a page, for example, A4 and want to change the size, then the page proportions are blocked and adding at least 1mm to the page width automatically aligns the width and height to the same size 211x211. And if the padlock icon is unchecked and the page size change is started again in a moment, the padlock is still closed. This should be corrected before releasing the proper Affinity Publisher 1.8.2 version !!!!
3. Lack of visibility of objects on the slope in the created Artboard.
4. No settings in Preferences - Import PSD smart objects where possible. !!!
5. Unable to scale the Corner Tool.
6. Publisher 1.8.2.619 crashs by klicking "More" Button in Export Dialog !!!  -   Fixed

• Staff

@GRAFKOM

We have replicated your problems now and reported them to the developers.

The export crash #6 is a regression and so severe that 1.8.3 will be released very soon with that and some other high priority issues addressed.

Not everything that is reported is fixed in the next release, as we have to prioritise fixes. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

In 1.8.3 creating an artboard is now possible when creating a new document in the Designer Persona of Publisher (so only if you have purchased Designer with it's artboard functionality)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 4/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, Patrick Connor said:

In 1.8.3 creating an artboard is now possible when creating a new document in the Designer Persona of Publisher (so only if you have purchased Designer with it's artboard functionality)

okay
Thank you very much.
If you add Include bleed to all three Affinity programs in the New document, it will be very good.
And don't forget about the other points.
Thank you again.

new Document.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.