You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Noticed a could of times when I create a long page design like a landing page... And I try to export to png with a 2x or more multiplier... It refuses to export properly. 

It still exports with default 1x even if I've changed it to 2x or more.. 

• Staff

Hi Neo :)

I'm very sorry to hear this! Could you please confirm for me, what do you mean by ''refuses to export properly'? Is a file generated, or does the export fail altogether?

Does this happen in any of your documents, or only specific ones? Is it possible to provide a sample file, or a screenshot of the error/issue you're seeing?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 3/14/2020 at 3:32 PM, Dan C said:

Hi Neo :)

I'm very sorry to hear this! Could you please confirm for me, what do you mean by ''refuses to export properly'? Is a file generated, or does the export fail altogether?

Does this happen in any of your documents, or only specific ones? Is it possible to provide a sample file, or a screenshot of the error/issue you're seeing?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello Dan, :)

Attached is a cropped screenshot of what I'm trying to explain.

From the image, I did set the PNG export to 2x, so it scales up the export 2 times bigger than the original design setup. I do this cause I want a higher resolution of the export. But even after setting up to 2x or even 3x, it still render as 1x which is the default as seen in the Jpeg export settings.

Now with jpeg, I don't get this as making it 2x on jpeg would actually work as intended by scaling the render/export image 2 times or 3 times as the case may be more than the original design specifications.

So in conclusion, the PNG doesn't really change or scale up even though I set it to scale up. I notice this with really long artboards in terms of height, but the Jpeg works fine.

Hope this makes sense, thanks :).

Screenshot (8).png

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshots! This is happening due to the PNG format unable to export to dimensions larger than 32,767 pixels, I've created a test document measuring 1920 x 12960 px and opened the Export dialog, then doubled both values to simulate a '2x' export. As can be seen from the below screenshot, this produces a warning that the image will be scaled to maximum fit -

image.png

Could you please confirm for me, when setting the PNG format to '2x', what physical pixel sized image is exported please? I suspect it will be larger than 1x, but limited to 32,767 pixels.

I have checked this myself and I'm not seeing any warning in the export persona when you exceed these values, so I'll certainly be raising this as a bug with our developers now to avoid future confusion.

For further information regarding the PNG limit, please see the below thread -

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello Dan,

Sorry for the late response... Having some challenges with my PC..

As for pixel size, I think you're right as the file is pretty large at 2550*52,500 px… So yeah, that could be the issue..

I tried with files smaller around 20,000 px, and had no issue...

So I think in such case, I'll stick to PDF or Jpeg export configurations..