You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you for great products. I have a request to a problem that is common to all of your products that I have purchased and am still learning. Your products have a problem with your print driver being very basic and does not work properly in a windows 10 64 bit environment. I have had to use windows 10 compatible program tool to have windows revert to either windows 7 or 8 depending on which program is affected. As this is not only applicable to your programs it points to windows 10 not being fully compatible with older programs, even having just updated to your 8.1 version. I have been using corel draw for many years and they have a fantastic print driver section. Please could you include a much more usable print driver in your programs. I switched to Affinity after checking out the alternatives to the Adobe offerings due to having to pay a rental fee and not being able to purchase outright which is a big plus in your favour.

Problems that I have experienced are freezing when trying to change settings on the printer driver of any printer that I am trying to print to. It appears in task manager without any activity. I have also experienced a problem with it starting to print some of the print job and stops after about 10 to 20 pages. I then have to cancel the job and try again. This happens intermittently. I am that should I revert back to windows 7 PRO everything will work properly as it did before. I only purchased the Affinity programs after the windows upgrade and your print driver has now only one bug. It does not keep all of the preferences selected in the machine printer drive i.e. the double sided option as it seems that it only recognizes the selection single/double sided option on your print driver and overides the preference selection on the machine printer driver.

I am looking forward to being able master your fantastic programs in the near future. Thanks for all of the training videos which is a big help.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Mike.

One hint: Forum topics work best when they have a descriptive title, rather than the user's name :)

And, for what it's worth, I have no printing problems from the Affinity programs on Windows 10. Possibly you shoulld keep investigating that in your other topic:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt, thank you for the friendly hint, I am as you realize new to this forum. Do you have any other suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

I have tried uninstalling windows 10 and reinstalling from scratch after formatting the hard drive. The first time I installed windows we had a power failure which caused the explorer section not to function properly which is why I started from scratch again.

I also had a computer hardware technician check it out with no success.

I would appreciate any ideas

Mike

Sorry; no ideas for now. If I come up with any I'll post in the other topc. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1