You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No bleed in the exported document

There is a workaround for creating a 3-pages spread, but with a drawback: it does not export the bleed. To check it do as following:

1. Create the ONE-page document with NO MASTER pages(!) and with a bleed 5 mm.

image.png.ef194ef5a1733cffdae7cfd62f06726d.png 

2. Switch to Designer Persona and with an Artboard Tool create 3 art boards side by side.  

image.png.4e696a7839e58f89eda8e0a254a7188c.png

3. Go back to Publisher Persona and add objects, bleeding out from the pages.  

4. Export the whole document to any format (JPG, Tiff) with the bleed included.  

5. Open the exported document and watch it has no bleed.

A few comments on this

1) The original Apub document appears to need to be created without a Master Page. Removing the Master page after one has been used in the document creation doesn't work (I get a message in ADesigner saying I can't add an Artboard).
2) In Designer you have to Press the Insert Artboard button in the Property bar before adding other Artboards
3) When going back to Publisher and exporting as a PDF with bleed, the bleed does show correctly in the exported PDF. (Exporting as JPEG does loose the bleed.) The pages will be exported as single pages. Page size can easily be changed to export as a composite if required.

All in all it seems like a good system.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

44 minutes ago, MickRose said:

Removing the Master page after one has been used in the document creation doesn't work

I removed the Master page after one has been used in the document creation, and it works. Art board has been inserted OK.

Yes. So 2 A4s with a 10mm page in the middle could be exported as a single 430 x 297 with bleed PDF. I see the mistake  with Master Pages - I had been unlinking the Master Page with the actual page whereas I needed to remove the Master Page completely.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM