You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grouping paths causes edges to become hidden

Hey folks,

So i've run into an odd bug/feature that i can't find any answers to. Essentially a grouping of paths with the stroke centered on the path looks as desires, but when i group it the group bounds size to the path and not the visible stroke. I realize a workaround would be to have the outer shape have an inner stroke, but i'm hoping to get a better fix.

Below is a before and after grouping picture on the paths in question:

Before grouping
image.png.16effb8cc7b08705941c3a6d60e33b30.png

Before grouping with bounding boxes shown
image.png.f1ae4aae6679513f98fbda6d1cf09dac.png

After grouping
image.png.7d2d22acbe1ca86d19dd86d1d153921e.png

With bounding box shown
image.png.8952fd8da7653fe5c520ae37b19175ac.png

You can see that the group bounding box fits to the path and not the stroke and hides the overflowing stroke as a result. Additionally, this only happens when grouping them all together, the corner shapes are grouped and do not show this effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Linc.

• Staff

Hi Linc,

Without seeing the file I cannot be 100% sure, however it looks like you might have modified the constraints on some of those objects? When these are grouped it will create a 'Constraints Group' - this type of group does have a known issue that objects outside the bounding box do not get shown.