You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forums.
I think this will depend on how you “grouped” the lines and how you “connected” them.
A Fill will only affect a single layer, it will not extend between layers in a group.
Adding the lines together using Geometry Add will not get you a Fill that covers the space in between either as you still have separate lines.
You need to connect line starts to line ends in order to get a ‘continuous’ shape which covers the area you want to fill.
Does this make sense? If not, I – or someone else – may be able to explain it better.

• Staff

Hi BloodyQuinzel,

Welcome to the forums :)

As Garry has mentioned, the method of grouping/combining your separate curve layers will affect how 'filling' the curves behaves.

Could you please provide a copy of your .afdesign document so we can look into this further for you, and provide some more specific feedback? Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I went through and joined the overlapping nodes using the method of selecting them and then using the join curves tool on the context tool bar.

1037748778_ScreenShot2020-03-13at2_58_58PM.png.76b732381ee64a9a81582af223900e49.png

tree thing.afdesign

Edit: Note that I also changed the stroke to a simple straight line, you'll have to change the curve back because now it is one long curve.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, BloodyQuinzel said:

here is the file (sorry i spelled awareness wrong lol)

Mental Health Awarness.afdesign

Sometimes typos can be fortuitous.

New word: Awarness = The fight to bring to light topical issues in society.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, G13RL said:

I used another method, perhaps a little more restrictive.
Ungroup the three groups.
Put the filling of the different shapes on none.
"Layer," "Expand Stroke," "Add," then "Divide," the shape fills.
If you do "Add" again you can put an outline and choose the colors.

Cool.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You can actually do this in one select and one click.

1. Select all curves in the Group Group Group
  2. Press A to select the node tool
  3. Click on Join Curves

Ok 2 selects and one click lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

22 minutes ago, BloodyQuinzel said:

im blind were is join curves at lol

It’s highlighted on the Context toolbar screenshot in @Old Bruce’s first post to this thread:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)