You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images blurred even on export

Gmit

Hi there,

this issue is somewhat related to 

but i can change to preview-mode and it still stays blurred and even at export (!)
resource manager says everything is good, i even have the same picture in a second picture frame on the same page. And one is sharp the other one is not.
There are NO effects on both picture frames. And no zooming in, moving the picture in the picture frame, moving the picture frame does change the blurriness.

It can be easily solved by reopening the file. But would be horrible if i did a important export and don´t see that blurred image.
Everything is on an SSD, from opening the file to having everything loaded it is about 5 seconds. And also my pc is not sweating it in any point.

Am  i doing something wrong?

Export.jpg

Canvas.jpg

Resources.jpg

Layers.jpg

Windows 10, all the recent updates
32GB RAM
And i recently updated to 1.8.2 with all apps.

Okay now that the file is getting bigger, the issue appears way more often. Roughly 1 in 3 chance some images appear and stay blurred when opening and exporting, whatever i do, besides replacing all the blurred images.

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

We could never see this in house. If you do multiple exports do you find some are fine and some are not?

I tried it now with different formats from jpg to pdf and different resolutions and the image stays blurred.

Tried it on my notebook and it didn´t show the same issue.
It´s considerably slower if that info helps.

Could send you the folder, if that helps, don´t want to upload it here to the public.

• Staff

If you upload your files here i'll take a look. You will need to embed the images first (I'm curious if you find this actually changes the behavior at all)

I should have clarified, but by multiple exports I meant multiple PDF exports, we did have a report in the beta of some pdf exports coming out with some blurred images in and others not, from the same user with the same document open.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

20 minutes ago, Jon P said:

If you upload your files here i'll take a look. You will need to embed the images first (I'm curious if you find this actually changes the behavior at all)

I should have clarified, but by multiple exports I meant multiple PDF exports, we did have a report in the beta of some pdf exports coming out with some blurred images in and others not, from the same user with the same document open.

Saved the file under a new name and embeded all images. Besides having a file which is double the size of the folder with all assets, everything is fine. Opened it like 20x to make sure no images getting blurred.  So i´ll upload the folder as a zip. With the old file, everything linked "30er 003.afpub"

• Staff

Thanks for providing everything, with it all re-linked it seems fine for me but I can see that yours were linked from google drive, I've done a quick test and it seems fine here but I suspect that's why we are getting different behavior, and why embedding it has resolved it for you.

If you re-link to images on a non google drive synced location does that also help

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

And i thought that´s a Mac exclusive problem with GDrive, iCloud,.....
Yeah it solved the problem couldn´t reproduce it anymore after moving everything away from Google Drive.

Interesting, now there need to be some changes to avoid such a problem in the future.
Thanks man! 😊

at 0:18 mark of that video, it shows Publisher using 10gb of ram memory, lol! Moral of the story, the more images you add, the more memory it takes. Which means that Publisher is ultimately unsuitable/unusable for large projects.

8 hours ago, Mandu said:

at 0:18 mark of that video, it shows Publisher using 10gb of ram memory, lol! Moral of the story, the more images you add, the more memory it takes. Which means that Publisher is ultimately unsuitable/unusable for large projects.

from a technical standpoint not necessarily. I opened and closed the same file over and over again and APub didn´t bother to clear RAM, because there is more than enough left. Totally reasonable, as far it can clean up again if RAM is in need again. I worked in InDesign before on big projects and it was choking on 16/32 GB RAM, for whatever reason. But i didn´t do any big projects in APub as of now, so i don´t know if it is able to perform better/worse/same. So to be able to say that APub is unsuitable for large projects, you´d need more information than the amount of RAM it takes.

• 5 months later...

I am having a similar problem. Pub crashes and then it reloads pages. Open up book and my pages open on left.However the large spread that opens is not clear. I went several pages down and the further I went to page 50/51 all spreads are digitized. From page 1 to 10 they were clear in large spread. There after the clear pages became sporadic until page 44/45. After that all were degitized. Any solution from anybody?