You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

color palettes choosing colors and globale colors

The color management of affinity publisher needs some development. 

1. Please show a list with color names to pick a new Pantone color. in Pantone colors new colors are hard to find if not shown as a list. Even a search field for color names in every context will be fine.

2. Please add replace a globale color with another one. It's just possible to delete the color. It would be very useful if you can replace one by another on as in indesign. And changing a globale color the name has also to change, if I choose another Pantone color. otherwise I drives me crazy.

3. And please add to color bitmaps in the program, even like it is in indesign. 

@kingfisher, welcome to the forums!

1. Already available - in the Swatches panel's hamburger menu select "Show as List"

2. You can manually rename the color swatches, global or otherwise.  I recommend naming global color swatches things like "sidebar", "body text", "separators", etc., for the function they have rather than the color they are presented as.  That is a helpful way to maintain better consistency in the document, plus you can change the colors and the naming still applies.

3. If you are referring to bitmap images as fill patterns, this is done using the Fill tool.  Select the item you want to fill with a bitmap, choose the fill tool on the toolbar, and on the context menu, set the "Context" to either "Fill" or "Stroke" (whichever one you are trying to apply the image to) and set the "Type" to "Bitmap" - you should be prompted to select an image file to use for the fill.

• 4 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 1:47 PM, fde101 said:

@kingfisher, welcome to the forums!

1. Already available - in the Swatches panel's hamburger menu select "Show as List"

2. You can manually rename the color swatches, global or otherwise.  I recommend naming global color swatches things like "sidebar", "body text", "separators", etc., for the function they have rather than the color they are presented as.  That is a helpful way to maintain better consistency in the document, plus you can change the colors and the naming still applies.

3. If you are referring to bitmap images as fill patterns, this is done using the Fill tool.  Select the item you want to fill with a bitmap, choose the fill tool on the toolbar, and on the context menu, set the "Context" to either "Fill" or "Stroke" (whichever one you are trying to apply the image to) and set the "Type" to "Bitmap" - you should be prompted to select an image file to use for the fill.

you are an Affinity Angel aren't you? Thanks a billion

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com