PaulAffinity

WINDOWS Ink Preference performance

Just to clarify, I am using WACOM Bamboo pen & touch CTH-460, (8 year) old tablet input device using the OLD Wacom  drivers and Preferences UI. 

In beta USING Windows Ink works perfectly, using pen top button to adjust pen hardness and size.

In beta NOT using WI, identical performance, no issues.

Pen usage and speed unaffected in either situation.

I believe that the drivers for recent Wacom tablets are fundamentally different to these old devices.

HTH. 

Quote  Mark Ingram:   Added "Use Windows Ink for tablet input" preference (enabled by default, disable to use WinTab)

Only as a note, if lnk is not activated in Affinity, there are no problems with Huion tablets. Daumen.png.e86c3518d8de2a01ea692f021414179b.png

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.8.2.620 :   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.8.3.628 :    Affinity Designer 1.82.620 :  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.8.3.628 :

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.8.3.627:   Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620 :    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1909 Build 18363.720)

I use the Cintiq 16 that is pretty new so I can't use older drivers. The implementation of a choice between W-ink and Wintab in 610 did the trick. I unticked Use Windows Ink and everything is back to normal now using brushes over ~650px. Now I can go back to illustrating childrens books again. 🥰

Thanks. Using Windows Ink will give people superior (higher precision) input, but several users don't like the fact the shortcuts aren't working properly, or that unusual UI is displayed, so we've added the toggle so they can go back to the old behaviour. If you are happy to keep Windows Ink enabled, you will get better data, so we do generally recommend it.

The same here with windows ink off no problems with XP-pen star03

Windows 10. 64 bits.  Intel core i5 - 4570 cpu , 3.2 Ghz.
Ram: 28 GB -  27" and 24" screens
Nvidea 1050 TI Gpu - XP-Pen star03
Affinity Photo - Designer -  ArtRage 6

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks. Using Windows Ink will give people superior (higher precision) input, but several users don't like the fact the shortcuts aren't working properly, or that unusual UI is displayed, so we've added the toggle so they can go back to the old behaviour. If you are happy to keep Windows Ink enabled, you will get better data, so we do generally recommend it.

I do hope you over at Serif will still put high priority on fixing the shortcuts for Windows Ink. Been enjoying Affinity so much with the feature so I wouldn't like to trade functionality to use it.

18 hours ago, Gnobelix said:

Only as a note, if lnk is not activated in Affinity, there are no problems with Huion tablets. Daumen.png.e86c3518d8de2a01ea692f021414179b.png

Yes this is my experience too.

Cheers