You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WINDOWS Ink Preference performance

Just to clarify, I am using WACOM Bamboo pen & touch CTH-460, (8 year) old tablet input device using the OLD Wacom  drivers and Preferences UI. 

In beta USING Windows Ink works perfectly, using pen top button to adjust pen hardness and size.

In beta NOT using WI, identical performance, no issues.

Pen usage and speed unaffected in either situation.

I believe that the drivers for recent Wacom tablets are fundamentally different to these old devices.

HTH. 

Quote  Mark Ingram:   Added "Use Windows Ink for tablet input" preference (enabled by default, disable to use WinTab)

Only as a note, if lnk is not activated in Affinity, there are no problems with Huion tablets. Daumen.png.e86c3518d8de2a01ea692f021414179b.png

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Thanks. Using Windows Ink will give people superior (higher precision) input, but several users don't like the fact the shortcuts aren't working properly, or that unusual UI is displayed, so we've added the toggle so they can go back to the old behaviour. If you are happy to keep Windows Ink enabled, you will get better data, so we do generally recommend it.

The same here with windows ink off no problems with XP-pen star03

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks. Using Windows Ink will give people superior (higher precision) input, but several users don't like the fact the shortcuts aren't working properly, or that unusual UI is displayed, so we've added the toggle so they can go back to the old behaviour. If you are happy to keep Windows Ink enabled, you will get better data, so we do generally recommend it.

I do hope you over at Serif will still put high priority on fixing the shortcuts for Windows Ink. Been enjoying Affinity so much with the feature so I wouldn't like to trade functionality to use it.

• Staff
Just now, Stoat256 said:

So is there a way to disable WI within Affinity? I couldn't find anything in the preferences.

This will come in the next release build (and can be tested in the current Windows beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, picolo said:

Yes this is my experience too.

Cheers

Hey guys,

so if I understand you correctly, you unchecked the box inside the Huion driver? If I unchecked the box, I still have pen pressure registration as well.
But unfortunately I get the bug that right or middle mouse buttons on the side of pen do not work (in the layers palette for example) anymore or are
at least not registered as such. However, if I enable Windows Ink in the driver again, the mouse clicks work fine, but I don't have a pen pressure
registration anymore. Drives me nuts. 😖

However, if I enable Windows Ink in the driver again, the mouse clicks work fine, but I don't have a pen pressure registration anymore.
I have tested it with another program (Aseprite) – there the clicks are registered correctly!

Can you maybe test and confirm this on your site? I'm working with a Huion Kamvas Pro 13 and the latest version of the driver.

Cheers and thanks
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

@MrDoodlezz,

I have an older Wacom Intuos 3. What works for me is having the driver in my Wacom Properties checked (on), and in the Preferences for AP, I do not have it checked (off). Or try the reverse to that.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

23 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

@MrDoodlezz,

I have an older Wacom Intuos 3. What works for me is having the driver in my Wacom Properties checked (on), and in the Preferences for AP, I do not have it checked (off). Or try the reverse to that.

Thanks for you answer. So you can actually right-click via the pen-buttons in the layer panel and at the same time have pressure sensitivity when drawing with these settings?

Let me give you an example.
Could you try to draw something, then right click on the layer in the layer panel and select »Rasterize to Mask« for example without changing anything in the settings?

On the other hand you're working with a Wacom, pretty sure they use other ways then Huion. So it would be very helpful if someone with a Huion tablet could try as well.

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

Yes I can, just finished checking to be sure. I have the upper button on my pen set to R-Click. I just hover my pen over a Layer in the Layers Panel and I get the proper menu. I also get the appropriate R-Click menus anywhere else in the program.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.