You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer closing on save of a document.

Hello, I hope I am in the right place after following the link given to me.

I have been successfully using Affinity Designer 1.8.1 on a mac mini with OS 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Today, I am amending a text heavy document (attached) and after working fine all morning.

Now, every time I hit SAVE AS, AD decides to close the document and application all in one.

When I re-open the document it has not saved the changes.

I did a restart and this did not rectify the problem.

I changed the document name slightly and saved, which works.

Not a great problem for me as I bin the previous document, but annoying for the client who is asking why I am sending over different file names.

I hope I have covered everything .

cheers

Gundy1234

cbwg2020-p-2.pdf

I have just found that when I try to originate a style for some text, the same thing happens! it shuts the document down and does not save it!!!

Is there someone who can help with this problem please? This simple project is taking far too long and with far too many problems

• Staff
On 3/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, Gundy1234 said:

I have just found that when I try to originate a style for some text, the same thing happens! it shuts the document down and does not save it!!!

Is there someone who can help with this problem please? This simple project is taking far too long and with far too many problems

Hi Gundy1234,

Sorry for the delay in responding however since the release of 1.8 we've had a massive backlog that we're trying to get through as quick as we can.

We've identified an issue where Autosave wasn't kicking in and this is the issue you will have encountered in your first post. This is currently being looked at by development and should have a fix available soon.

With regards to the other two crashes (the saving one mentioned in the first post, and the text styles one in the second) can you attach some screen recordings that demonstrate the steps you are taking to reproduce them please, along with any supporting documents you're using. Unfortunately the PDF you attached is 0bytes and is therefore empty.

When reporting issues we do ask that you provide us with as clear steps as possible and attach any supporting documents, videos and screenshots etc. It allows us to better understand the issue you're getting and also to ensure you get a quicker response.

Hi. All the problems with affinity Designer have been eradicated when I upgraded my OS to High Sierra. I am so pleased with Affinity that I have also recently bought Publisher and I am loving it. I LOVE text wrap and have missed it sorely.

Anyway, thanks for everything - its all working brilliantly!

Grundy1234

Edited by Gundy1234
grammar