You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Click to create a new node on the curve is broken.

51 minutes ago, Aongus Collins said:

Have you tried unchecking the preference "Use Windows Ink for tablet input?" (Edit > Preferences > Tools).  Once the box was unticked, I no longer had the issues you describe (Wacom Intuous 5,).

But you need Windows Ink for superior (higher precision) input and the developers recommend it.

Using Windows Ink for greater precision could make sense if you're using one of the cheaper and smaller tablets, but Wacom's professional products (the Pro Medium or the Intuous) have their own precision mode. This is far more advanced than Ink. You can set up one of the buttons to toggle it on and off, as in the screenshot.

Actually it is overkill for what I do. I can get all the precision needed simply by zooming in or out. The greater the magnification, the greater the accuracy.

Incidentally, people have been complaining about Ink on the Adobe forums, too. Some have come up with a hack to disable it in Photoshop, but it seems Illustrator users are out of luck. Credit to Serif for giving us a choice!

wacom-panel.jpg

11 minutes ago, Aongus Collins said:

Using Windows Ink for greater precision could make sense if you're using one of the cheaper and smaller tablets, but Wacom's professional products (the Pro Medium or the Intuous) have their own precision mode. This is far more advanced than Ink. You can set up one of the buttons to toggle it on and off, as in the screenshot.

Actually it is overkill for what I do. I can get all the precision needed simply by zooming in or out. The greater the magnification, the greater the accuracy.

Incidentally, people have been complaining about Ink on the Adobe forums, too. Some have come up with a hack to disable it in Photoshop, but it seems Illustrator users are out of luck. Credit to Serif for giving us a choice!

wacom-panel.jpg

Thank you for sharing your settings. Windows Ink will let pen pressure to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi hashms0a,

Unfortunately there is a known issue when using Windows Ink that is stopping the tablet interacting in the ways you've mentioned. This is logged with development, but in the mean time un-checking the 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' will allow you to use your tablet. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.