You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have Designer on my Ipad and on my PC. On my Ipad I can make mutiple selections bij selecting an item, hold my finger on the screen and select something else. I can see exactly what I am selecting.

On my PC I can select one item. When I use my Ctrl-button, I can select something else, but then the first selection is gone. I can use the shift-button, but then I have everything in between the two items selected aswell. That is not what I want.

I can select mutiple items in the layers panel, but then I have to guesse which of the items I am selecting. I am making a big chessboard with different colors, all the leayers shows the same square 🙂. I made the squares and now I want to recolor them. But as far I can see now, I have to select each square sepperetly, change the color, choose another square and so on. Is it realy not possible to select multiple items the same way I can select them on my Ipad???

With the Move Tool (on Windows), CTRL is used to clone the selected layer(s) after dragging and SHIFT is used to select multiple layers at once. The selection box around the selected layers shows the boundary of those selected layers but the selection may not also include all of the layers whose boundaries also come within that box. In my attached image you can see that the Rectangle and Pie are selected but the other layers that are within the selection box are not. The selected layers are those surrounded by a blue outline on the canvas and also have a blue background in the Layers Panel.
You can also select multiple layers at once by dragging over them.
Does this help?

Annotation 2020-03-12 122841.png