You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.8.1 sluggish when moving artboards

L4P

• moving an artboard is very sluggish (even when it's empty)
  • when I duplicate an existing artboard and move the copy somewhere else, it's very sluggish as well...
  • AFD can freeze a second or two before starting to move very erratically an artboard (even if it's a very simple one, with not too many elements in it). it's very hard to position an artboard, it's quite irritating.
  • It's also "clipping" quite severely when passing an artboard over another artboard..

it used to be so responsive and snappy...

I have an imac 17.1, i7 4ghz with 16Gb of Ram running on Mac0S Mojave 10.14.6 (+ Radeon R9 M395X 4Go)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, L4P said:

• moving an artboard is very sluggish (even when it's empty)
  • when I duplicate an existing artboard and move the copy somewhere else, it's very sluggish as well...
  • AFD can freeze a second or two before starting to move very erratically an artboard (even if it's a very simple one, with not too many elements in it). it's very hard to position an artboard, it's quite irritating.
  • It's also "clipping" quite severely when passing an artboard over another artboard..

it used to be so responsive and snappy...

I have an imac 17.1, i7 4ghz with 16Gb of Ram running on Mac0S Mojave 10.14.6 (+ Radeon R9 M395X 4Go)

Look in the snapping options and try disabling Snap To Gaps And Sizes if it is enabled.