You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Magenta color opening image shot with Canon EOS R camera

I am new to Affinity and I am having a problem. I do a lot of shooting using Canon EOS R camera and shoot in Multiple Exposure mode. Opening a raw file today it showed up with a magenta color tone. I have a friend shooting the same type of images and she had the same experience when she opened it with Affinity. No problem when opening it with Photoshop. I am running MAC OS 10.15.2 operating system. 

WMH_0031.jpg

On 3/12/2020 at 4:01 AM, MEB said:

Hi Bill Hewitt,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind attaching the .CR3 file (not sure if the forums uploads are already working) or share a link to it please? Thanks.

I attached a CR3 file per your request. Do you have any preliminary answers why this file turns Magenta. If you don't have a solution, is one pending, and when would it be available. Otherwise I have wasted my money on this program along with the workbook. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The question of magenta color coming up when opening a raw image in Affinity happens when one tries to open an image that is composed of multiple images (in camera) (Canon EOS R). If you open this kind of image in photoshop no problem. opening the image and making it a .dng takes care of the problem, but Affinity has not figured out a way to take care if opening this ME image in its raw form.  I never open my photos in Apple's hideous photo program. In fact I have gone back to primarily working in photoshop and Camera Raw because of Affinities lack of progress on this issue.