You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can anyone help me to restore this image?

zelensky

• Staff

@castabal

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Unfortunately the attachment failed. Please can you try to attach that file again to a new post, thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I would appreciate the method others may use to improve the photo.  Hats off to anyone that post procedures used to modify original photo.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

28 minutes ago, Bruce Harms said:

Gave it a crack, tried seperating the people... Uploaded the affinity file.  (incomplete uploaded File removed by mod)

Crashed my iPad Pro. I’ll give it a go later on desktop version.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

5 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Crashed my iPad Pro. I’ll give it a go later on desktop version.

Not your iPad's fault! Sadly Bruce's file has got mangled in the upload. It reads here as 0KB and also crashes my desktop copy Photo!

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thought I would give this a shot too!
As the image is relatively small you soon get into the realms of guessing when it comes to repairing the damaged areas.
So I wouldn’t want to go much beyond this.
Having a good scan to start with really dose make a difference when repairing photos. I probably would have scared this at least at 1200dpi rather than the 96dpi that it is and output it as a TIFF file.
Still, it was fun to do. Here’s my effort…

mehmedfani-Cleaned.png.ee525a8442331e7974432f47f02618a2.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Staff

@castabal

could you try linking to a shared dropbox/onedrive or zipping up and attaching the original TIFF file  that failed yesterday, if it was higher res?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harms said:

Hey Mark, that's looking pretty AWESOME!  Just for experimentation sake i added the file in dropbox that has some of the characters kind of separated but you did most excellent job already.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdyl9hcxayak9dv/family.afphoto?dl=0

That download loaded,, without problem.  I think clone/stamp tool could help removed additional lines.  Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 arriving tomorrow, I’ll play with it, no way with a mouse.  I just hope tablet will work Ok with macOS Catalina and Huion driver.

Cecil 

2 hours ago, markw said:

Thought I would give this a shot too!
As the image is relatively small you soon get into the realms of guessing when it comes to repairing the damaged areas.
So I wouldn’t want to go much beyond this.
Having a good scan to start with really dose make a difference when repairing photos. I probably would have scared this at least at 1200dpi rather than the 96dpi that it is and output it as a TIFF file.
Still, it was fun to do. Here’s my effort…

mehmedfani-Cleaned.png.ee525a8442331e7974432f47f02618a2.png

Wow. This is pure wonder. With such a poor quality job the outcome is amazing. Great job. Thank you.