You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When printing directly from Publisher I cannot print a select series of pages from within a larger document. I am offered 'Entire Document' in the print dialog box and can even type in the page range I want immediately below but it continues to print the entire document! Or I could choose Odd or Even pages - no good, or Current Page, also no good. Am I missing something or shouldn't any publishing program be able to print a simple page range. I am having to export to PDF and then print from there but should not have to do that – help!

"Geoffkhere"

"... and for the title of your post to describe the request as best you can." 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-suggestions/

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Yes, it should work as you surmise, and something is clearly wrong. But in order to do any diagnosis it would help to know the release of Affinity Publisher you're using, the OS, and where you purchased the program.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I am using Aff Pub. 1.8.1 on a Macbook Pro running OS Catalina. I purchased the app from Affinity online and downloaded the update a week or so ago. I tried again to print a part of a document this morning, I put 6–30 in the 'Pages' window immediately under where it says 'Range: Entire Document'. I assume that is correct? It then printed the entire 40 page document 😞  - puzzling. Otherwise I love the program, it is clean, sleek and efficient and a great competitor to Quark which I have used up until now.

Yes, that's the correct place for the page range.

1 hour ago, Geoffk1351 said:

6–30

However, you seem to have an em-dash or en-dash there, not a hyphen.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Experiencing exact same problem: Publisher prints entire document instead of specified pages.

running macOS 10.15.3  Publisher 1.8.2; had same problem under Publisher 1.8.1

*Prints entire document whether use dash, hyphen, or comma; does print current page, odd pages, and even pages as designed

*No printing problems before upgrading

What is solution?

Edited by Magic2020
additional version info

• 2 weeks later...

As several of you are having the problem, perhaps someone should post a topic in Publisher Bugs Found on MacOS, with a meaningful topic title this time :)

(But first, have any of you tried the latest beta to see if the problem exists there?)

-- Walt
PC:

• 3 weeks later...

Having similar problem - running latest Publisher on latest Mac OSX to a HP Envy 5530 printer and cannot print specified pages.  I can print individual pages as long as I confirm that I want to print the selected page (screen shows first page until I specifically insist on current page) but trying to print a range of pages, say 38-51, and it starts printing the whole document from last to first, unless I catch it and cancel printing?

OK JonP solved it for me. Quoting..."When entering in the print range have you pressed tab to ensure this change is committed before printing? If you change values then just press "Print" sometimes those values aren't actually saved."

Thank you for the information.  I was kept well entertained printing off page by page, but this will make life much easier, thanks.  Maybe this equally applies when you tell it to print the current page - you have to insist on it changing to the current page otherwise you start printing everything?  I've been insisting by double clicking on my selection namely current page..