Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

Panorama processing

I'm doing a lot of 360 degree panoramas. For me the offset filter in Photoshop is very important to shift the equirectangular panorama "around".

Also an absolut feature would be a function  to match the color and contrast of the left and right side  of the picture to get a seamless transition.

Gregor

Thank you Meb,

but stitching is not the problem, it's the postprocessing afterwards. When you change color,contrast etc. in your panorama photo, the left and the right side of the picture become slightly different and you can see the transition. Photomatix e.g. got such a function to align the transition.
The offset filter is used to move the panorama in the "Frame", the part you move oft of the left side is inserted to the right side.

Greetings Gregor

Yes, i understood. There's more to it than just joining/matching the parts. I've pointed you that thread to keep all related requests to stitching and panoramas - including their post-processing,  since they are related - in the same thread, to avoid duplicates and make it easy for developers to find user's comments/feedback. There's more threads scattered around the forums on this subject but i've listed that one in the Common Feature Requests index, in the hope users will start posting related requests like yours there. 

Sorry if i wasn't very clear in my previous reply.