You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.1.604] Stuttering when rulers shown

Just noticed how poor performance was when rulers visible.

1. Start a new document
2. Draw a rectangle
3. Drag rectangle while toggling Rulers on/off

Result: Update is slow and juddery whenever the rulers are displayed.

I did a reset (holding CTRL while starting the app) and still see the performance hit.

This was reported once before, and fixed…

…and seems to be a noticable regression in the beta Vs retail 1.8

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Aammppaa,
Just been looking into this and it is a very strange one. I find it happens after creating a new document with an Artboard and 6mm bleed and the rulers visible. It seems either switching document or creating a new one will fix it for that session.

I've attached a video showing what I'm seeing - does this match the behaviour you're also seeing?

Hi Sean P, 

Thanks for looking into this.

I've not notice the problem occurring for the past week or so - probably since the update to 8.2

It is a little hard to tell from a video - it was more of a feel thing - but I think that is roughly what I was seeing!

Moving the rectangle was simply laggier and more juddery than it should be.

I'll keep the issue in mind, and try to capture something more definitive if I spot it again.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.