You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SYMBOLS LIBRARY like in Sketch

I don't believe that this is possible in Affinity at present.

The  Assets Panel will store a symbol library, but it will not update automatically if you modify symbols, and is stored on each local machine so would not propagate to others.

Your best bet for now, would be to use embedded documents…

Save the symbols you need as individual files, within a folder called something like "Symbol Library". Use DropBox or another syncronising system to share the folder between users. Use the Place tool to insert the files into your documents.

But a native method to manage a symbol library would be a welcome addition.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe it is already possible to export your asset library (you can build one, yes) to a file of extension .afassets. I downloaded several months ago a file with the assets for that skull island example but never really explored the feature, so I do not know if updating the asset library would update the used symbols in a document.

architect student (5/10) · designer · developer · geek
Affinity Publisher 2.1.1 / Affinity Designer 2.1.1 / Affinity Photo 2.1.1
Windows 11 Pro #22H2 / Dell G15 AMD Ryzen 5 32GB RAM

• 1 year later...