You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export persona slices have different sizees than the artboards in Designer persona

I started creating several artboards, ready to be exported with the desired width, height and name. In the Export Persona however all the artboards got different slice witdh and or height. Usually one pixel more than the artboard.

What am I doing wrong? (Here is a question I asked on Stackexchange https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/134591/how-to-make-the-export-slices-equally-large-as-the-artboard-size-in-affinity-des

1 hour ago, Johnonym said:

Thanks for the quick response. I have aligned all my artboards to be pixel perfect now, but the problem is still there.

Not quite. All of the artboards in the Menu Buttons Android group have non-integer heights (112.021 px, to 3 decimal places) & the a_23 artboard in the lowest group has a y position of 1688.984 px.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

yeah i don't think that helps with the workflow - export persona is such a hassle to use. I ended up using Adobe XD for creating all my Banner Ads and just use AD for vector stuff > copy/paste > back to XD. More so, selecting ALL similar sized artboards in AD and resizing them at the same time - for example i have 2 1080x1080 per artboard - resize to say like 2000x2000 > AD resizes both artboards to 964.3x964.3px instead of having both of them resized to 2000x2000 each. Adobe XD handles this perfectly fine. you can resize 100 1080x1080 artboards to 2000x2000 each and it does the job well. you get perfect 2000x2000 each artboard. Select ALL artboards and export all of it at the same time - you still get 2000x2000 each. Don't get me wrong, I love AD for its vector/design capabilities plus the pixel persona is great. But it still lacks a ton and is still behind after several years that it's been out.

So I'm hitting this issues as well.

I have many social assets to export and each one is off by 1 pixel. It's driving me crazy.

So I need to move these to a new document, this just seem to be a waste of time. I mean if you or someone else didn't set up/start a project in this obscure way then all assets from the export slices will be off? Seems silly.

To try and be constructive, maybe there can be a UI button or action that can align all art boards to snap to pixel (Force Pixel Alignment)? This way we don't have to do it manually if we discovery this at the end of a project with a hundred boards to export.

Thanks

• 1 year later...