You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Pencil Double tap settings reset

Just discovered this awesome feature, was stoked because some of my work requires a rapid change from brush to colour picker and back again. However, when I go into settings and select color picker as the tool and double tap action as previous tool.... once I double tap the pencil to return to the brush, the next double tap without fail takes me to the eraser. When I return to settings, I also find that they have reverted to view tool instead of the picker.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Mark,

This is working for me—are both the Paint Brush Tool and Colour Picker Tool both set to 'Previous tool'.

When starting a document, I usually pre-select both tools to make sure they know about each other.

Would you be able to record a quick screen recording of the preference settings and then you using the tools?