You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Typography Texture Test

ronniemcbride

Just doodling with the Typography Tools and a little Texturing  effect in Affinity Designer.

typo-texture-test.jpg

OMG Peter that was one of my favorite games growing up! I had the pleasure worked for an agency that worked on some of their early ad campaigns back in the early 2000s. I was so lucky to get a copy of a media package that contained a VHS talking about the art and development of the company and a complete book that contained all the art created for the game. Also, I recently came across a copy of the game that was being sold for the first Xbox game console which I still have so I had to buy it lol. I love the social political spin they had on that game!

I knew it all along :lol:...This platform game has worked on so many levels.

The games of the mid-nineties, had so much effort put into their artwork, soundtracks and playability as well as a wicked sense of humour.

Plok, MDK, StarWing/StarFox: I still play them when I can, they certainly have discovered the longevity gene, when it came to creating these titles.

Did the game have any design/drawing influences? I suspect that the answer might be yes. 

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111