You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Issues with exporting to PDF - missing elements?

A warm hello to the forum - this is my first post 🙂

I need help concerning exporting my (very first self layouted) fotobook from Publisher to a PDF document for printing. Regardless of all the different PDF settings I tried, the horizontal separation line I placed beetween the pagination doesen't get rendered? It seems that the line gets reduced to a small point in the PDF document...?

PaginationSeparator2.thumb.png.003b7884cc5c70701e9baf93acd481c3.pngPDFOutput.png.aaebd73e1532a41fb0b8f30ee8bab095.png

I have onother (black) line on my spread (left side), which gets rendered perfectly well in the output. The lines were drawn with the pen tool in 0.5pt (no fill & white stroke) and is grouped together with the page numbers. Is this a defect or am I something missing?

BTW, if I rasterize the line, everything is fine. Still, I don't want to change that on 250+ pages...

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Robert

Hi Lagarto,

well, I must have been blind. Thought I used a pen stroke instead of the rectangle... Everything is ok if I use a stroke instead of an rectangle, using a table also does the job. So the problem is solved for me, but maybe not for Serif? The rectangle shows width 0 (could this calue prohibit rendering?), color is pure white and the rectangle isn't appearing inside the PDF, regardless of the stroke width (which should not the case, as long as I can see a line in the Publisher UI, right?).

I will upload files as soon as I'm able to (getting error "7 - Please contact us for assistance", regardless of browser?). Thanks Legarto.

Robert

Edited by freudenthaler

• 2 weeks later...

Just uploaded the missing screenshots from my former post (March 11). The values confirm your statement legarto. Issue solved for me (using pen instead of rectangle).
PaginationSeparators.png.8771814d1f10d55afb6a649860563177.png

BTW - ist there a possibility to edit/mark the heading of my topic as [solved] (as I am used to do in other forums?)

Greetings from Austria,
Robert

9 hours ago, freudenthaler said:

BTW - ist there a possibility to edit/mark the heading of my topic as [solved] (as I am used to do in other forums?)

You can click on "Edit" below the first post in a topic you started & edit the title from there.

Also, when I hover the mouse pointer over the title, I get a tooltip popup that says "(Click & hold to edit title)" but using Safari on my Mac that does not work. What does is to click & drag across the title text, highlighting some part of it, at which point the title text becomes editable in place.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, R C-R said:

You can click on "Edit" below the first post in a topic you started & edit the title from there.

Also, when I hover the mouse pointer over the title, I get a tooltip popup that says "(Click & hold to edit title)" but using Safari on my Mac that does not work. What does is to click & drag across the title text, highlighting some part of it, at which point the title text becomes editable in place.

"Click & hold to edit title" does the trick (normally), but as this has been my first post neither of your two suggestions seem to work (no edit button)? Strange. But maybe there's a connection to a post, which has to be moderated first?