You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IDML line-height not working

elk

Hello,

I opended a IDML from ID CS6 with a business card. When I wanted to increase the line-height I realized that it is not working. Line-height simply stays a imported.

AP is working normally. On a new document I can edit everything as usual.

But in a new document where I pasted the IDML textbox it is the same issue  – not working. See the attached document.

line-height-IDML.afpub

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite

26 minutes ago, elk said:

When I wanted to increase the line-height I realized that it is not working. Line-height simply stays a imported.

Try hitting the little curved arrow in the text styles panel.

Before:

2083122274_ScreenShot2020-03-10at5_55_09AM.png.7b1a583c3a7dc68c8061a859ef63d118.png

After:

2123142704_ScreenShot2020-03-10at5_55_52AM.png.096c3e9327e018a335b98478a6442c2e.png

The font changed because I don't have the same fonts as you.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

HI Old Bruce,

great! Would never have thought that a style format could be the reason. I think this is a bit strange behaviour.
But this workaround helped.

Thanks!

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................

Hey, I found the thing:

There is a »Leading override« defined in textstyles > Positioning and Transition after IDML import. When making this »auto« it works.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for replying with the actual solution to your problem. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 years later...

Wow, thank you so much! I spent half an afternoon trying to figure this out.
In my case I didn't even have any text styles (just the «basic paragraph» imported from InDesign). After deleting the basic paragraph, my problems subsided.

Can we change this behavior so this doesn't happen by default anymore? It should be possible to change the leading/line height in an IDML file without jumping through a lot of hoops.