You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freezing text after using for a while

I reported this on the official 1.8 (I had to revert to 1.7 to be able to use AP) forum but as I was hoping the new beta had addressed the issue, today I found out that it didn't. After using AP for while the text boxes freeze. If I close the file (not the program) and open it again, it works.

Win 10

16 GB

Hi Jon P

Any document. I am using the beta version because on the 1.8 version it was happening too often. I noticed that it takes more time now for it to happen (maybe the dev team is addressing it) but I never had the problem with the 1.73 official version.

Regards.

• Staff

There's no fix in for it as we haven't heard or reproduced behavior like this before. Is there any pattern to when it happens? It is likely triggered by something and if we can figure out what that is we might be able to address it.

A video demonstrating when it happens could help, as could ensuring "Save file with history" is on and seeing if you can save the file when the text frames are frozen

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon

Thank you for your assistance and counsel. I am using the version 18.619 and it looks like the issue was addressed. I am leaving my file open and so far it hasn't frozen.

Regards and stay safe.

• Staff

Thanks, I suspect there is a "trigger" that causes this to happen, so keep me updated if you get any sense of a pattern that might help me reproduce. I'll have a poke around and see if I can see this behavior. Is it only text objects you are unable to interact with or any object? Even if you select it via the Layers tab?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.