You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Logo Design including Brand Book and Stationery Mockup

Mr. Doodlezz

Hey folks!

I'd like to take a moment and share my latest work with you.
I was asked to design the logo for a security and guard dog service.

With this project I wanted to put the Affinity Suit to the test – and to no surprise it succeeded. 🏆

1. The vector-based logo was created in Affinity Designer, as the tools are closest to the program alternatives I am familiar with - but which have become obsolete by now.
  2. The letterhead and business card were designed in Affinity Publisher.
  3. A visualized use case that is more comprehensible for the customer was created with the help of a mock-up in Affinity Photo. Just in time embedded documents (aka Smart Objects) are finally supported, thanks for this fine addition, Affinity! ❤️
  4. Finally I combined all the information in a little brand book with Affinity Publisher and thanks to the new possibility to collect resources (another feature that was highly anticipated) I was able to compile all my work into a nice and clean job folder.

For me the current coverage of the suite is already very impressive. Of course, one or two features could be further developed or added - but for this project
(with one exception for the concept drawing) I never had to use a product outside the Affinity Suite range, which I think is quite remarkable.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this one! 😀

Oh right, sorry – I forgot to mention that almost the whole document is published in German, but I guess you get the concept. 😅

Greetings
MrDoodlezz

Security_1.thumb.jpg.10941c686d4980d9c1e96b0a6d37dbc6.jpgSecurity_2.thumb.jpg.48d5d78d23303893a0174425decf0077.jpgSecurity_3.thumb.jpg.b18e43cef53716cdede8e3a1aa4870ca.jpgSecurity_4.thumb.jpg.99f3e69e365e0d217ca733da9520e1cf.jpgSecurity_5.thumb.jpg.478e2651ba0e555fe9c776986f42b4cc.jpgSecurity_6.thumb.jpg.e394178620b10ac99da829370e9f74cc.jpg

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

Great Job, Dennis!

Great choice of color/gradient for the security sector. Also, great to pick up the alignment of the "W" and angle the signet frame accordingly.

Only thing I'm seeing: Could use more spacing between WUNSCH, the line and the subline. The WUNSCH ends right at the top of your signet, so why not take the subline down to the angled corner of your signet and have a new visual line in there. (see attached before/after) ;)

logo.jpg

8 hours ago, outgettingsubs said:

Great Job, Dennis!

Great choice of color/gradient for the security sector. Also, great to pick up the alignment of the "W" and angle the signet frame accordingly.

Only thing I'm seeing: Could use more spacing between WUNSCH, the line and the subline. The WUNSCH ends right at the top of your signet, so why not take the subline down to the angled corner of your signet and have a new visual line in there. (see attached before/after) ;)

logo.jpg

Hey there outgettingsubs,

thanks a lot for your kind words – but especially for your constructive criticism, which I appreciate very much!

You're right, I definitely could've aligned the subline a bit better. It must've been the curse of designers
lazy eye every creative gets after staring long enough at the same thing, especially after several iterations. 😄

As you mentioned, it looks more harmonious and readable with the increased spacing and in addition the subline
only slightly shifted to the right (which takes up and reflects the invisible diagonal line of the W/the seal even further.)

Therefore I'm going to offer the client a quick update on the project files.

–––––

Note to self: Damn, zoom out of documents more often! 🔍

Wunsch_Sicherheit_BrandBook.jpg.0ecb1b2343a7dd84ae93dced7ebccd22.jpg

13 hours ago, VectorWhiz said:

Composition and palette of the booklet are excellent.

Thanks VectorWhiz! 😊

5 hours ago, outgettingsubs said:

@MrDoodlezz

Hey man, glad my feedback was useful. I exactly know the feeling you're talking about where you stare at something so long that all the tiny "mistakes" become familiar and okay to your brain.

What a great move to offer your client a detailed overhaul. They'll appreciate it!

Good job!

Ha yeah, I guess it's an incurable condition that every graphic artist suffers from.
But once I've seen my mistakes, I can't just turn a blind eye to them – even if the client won't notice them. 😅

Would you guys be interested in some versions and other approaches that didn't make it?

Have a nice evening
MrDoodlezz

34 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

once I've seen my mistakes, I can't just turn a blind eye to them

You might like to edit the topic title: it should say “Stationery”, not “Stationary”. It certainly shouldn’t say “Staionary” as it does now! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You might like to edit the topic title

I see you’ve changed it very promptly, but it still isn’t quite right! “Stationary” (with an “a”) means not moving: the paper-related word is “Stationery” (with an “e”).

Don’t worry, you’re in good company. Many native English speakers make the same mistake in their writing.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey Bruce, thanks – glad you feel inspired! 🤩

Designer definitely hast some great tools, especially for advanced shape building. 👌
But apart from, say, the Corner Tool or the Point Transform Tool you theoretically could achieve
similar results in Photo as well, since it offers all the basic shapes as well!

13 hours ago, SlavekDD said:

Gitara

Not entirely sure what to make of this – thanks I guess? 🎸

On 3/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

Hey Bruce, thanks – glad you feel inspired! 🤩

Designer definitely hast some great tools, especially for advanced shape building. 👌
But apart from, say, the Corner Tool or the Point Transform Tool you theoretically could achieve
similar results in Photo as well, since it offers all the basic shapes as well!

Not entirely sure what to make of this – thanks I guess? 🎸

Gitara - slang polish words - great job

Affinity Suite PDP; macOS Catalina - MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)
Affinity Photo 
& Affinity Designer for iPad; iPad Pro 2 gen. 64 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13