You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.x] Pinned images – Delete and Undo Distorts Proportions

Hi guys, a minor bug you may want to look into when there are no more important issues.

1. Insert an image (icon for instance) and pin it to the first word of a paragraph (pin position does not really matter though). 
  2. Paste new text into the paragraph (and overwrite your pin, thus deleting the image).
  3. Think: "Ah, darn, I did it again. I wanted to keep the bloody image."
  4. Press Cmd + Z to save the day.
  5. The original contents will reappear – but the proportions of the pinned image will be completely different (and cannot be easily restored other than typing them manually to the Transform fields)

Disclaimer: It's perfectly possible that I am just not doing something right. If that's the case, just let me know. ;-)   

Anyhow, thanks again for the brilliant piece of software you unleashed on us! I really love every minute working in the Affinity suite. 

Cheers to the UK!

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

It seems to be the same cause, I can only reproduce the issue following your steps if I resize the text frame first, do you get the same if you create a new frame?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

I can only reproduce the issue following your steps if I resize the text frame first,

For whatever it's worth, I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago but only with IDML files exported from indesign and opened in Publisher.

Also, by clicking the "Float with Text" button continuously on and off  the pinned graphic would march up the page.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

On 3/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, Jon P said:

It seems to be the same cause, I can only reproduce the issue following your steps if I resize the text frame first, do you get the same if you create a new frame?

First things first, sorry for a latish reply Jon. 

No, I did not resize the frame. However, the issue seems to be resolved by the pinning fixes implemented in .627. I have not been able to reproduce it in the current beta, not even with resizing the text frame (which is still reproducible in MAS).

Weird because I checked the bug like 10 times before submitting a ticket. Anyway....  good news, I guess! THANKS. 

That leaves us with my other pinning-related issue 😉– styled text in pinned image-text frame groups (such as image + caption) are ignored in TOC

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.