You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I must be missing the boat on the trip.  I have Templates and they work perfectly with Place photos from internal/external hard drives.  My problem is I cannot figure out how to navigate to Apple Photos to select picture to Place in Templates.  MacOS, Catalina when I go to pictures, the Apple Photos is grayed out.  Thank you for any assistance.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

It should work the same whether you are working with an existing template (.aftemplate) file or any other native format document file. The trick is to first make sure the "Media" sidebar item (usually at the bottom of the sidebar so you may have to scroll down to see it) is set to show its categories. If there is not a "Photos" category indented below it, move the pointer to the right of the word "Media," which will reveal the word "Show," & click on that. (I wanted to add a screenshot but the forum software is acting up again & won't let me. ☹️)

Once the "Photos" category is visible, click it & in the main Open window on the right, after a delay you should see one or more items, one of which should be "Photos," which is your Apple Photos library, with the various Photos stuff like Moments, Years, etc. indented below that, with Finder-like reveal triangles so you can navigate to & select any photo in the library in the usual way.

At the moment, that is working fine for me in AP but it is erratic in AD -- sometimes the "Photos" library shows up on the right & sometimes not, but I do not know if that is caused by some problem with my Mac or what. I can eventually get it to work in AD, but sometimes I have to cancel the Place & try again, or switch to some other sidebar item & back again for it to show up.

EDIT: Added a screenshot of the "Media" section at the bottom of the sidebar:

733456882_Media.photos.jpg.146ec52e46685d0a77a98c8e1bc1cd02.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@R C-R Thank you, fixed my problem with the exception Photo was imported upside down. 

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

2 hours ago, Cecil said:

... with the exception Photo was imported upside down. 

I have had some come in upside down, some right side up, & some sideways. I think it may have something to do with the orientation of the camera.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

35 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I have had some come in upside down, some right side up, & some sideways. I think it may have something to do with the orientation of the camera.

One would think it would import photo as saved, original info should be lost (guessing) if one save after changes and different format.

Cecil